Some Z scale projects
Fresh from the paint shop,first official Z scale Grande Valley Railway locomotive.Loco is a AZL GP38-2.Paint is Krylon "Fusion" burgundy gloss.Road number is subject to change.

[Image: Z-GVR-7145.jpg]

Some cylindrical grain hoppers to be.I ordered the decals yesterday.These will be Rail Net cars.

[Image: RailNet_Grain-hoppers-1.jpg]

Two flatcars I am working on.The one on the right was Western Pacific is now the Watervliet & Portage another shortline railroad owned by Midwest Trainsportation Systems.

[Image: TwoFlats_1.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Have you ever considered switching some of that Z scale equipment to Nn3 or whatever it would scale out to?
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Yes I have. I have a layout a bit smaller than this one that I have been considering doing in Nn3.Crazy as it sounds once they get smaller motors into the T scale stuff I'm thinking of doing some Zn3. (Z scale on T scale track).

If anyone is curious Z gauge track scales almost perfectly at 3' (36") for Nn3,and T gauge does the same for Zn3 . Applause
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Officially official GVR 7145 Applause

[Image: Z-GVR-7145_c.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Good to hear!
Mike

First Rail Net grain car .

[Image: Z-Rail-Net-Grain_1.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Cheers Thumbsup
Mike

My newest Z scale rolling stock project.it is fresh out of the box not cleaned up or trucked (it is just setting on these MTL trucks for this pic).This is a Shapeways 3D print created by my friend Stony Smith.

[Image: Z-Centerbeam_2.jpg]

The car has a definite twist in the body.That should be fun to fix. Wallbang
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Here is a picture of the prototype car.Not sure what colour mine will be ,but this red looks good. :mrgreen:

[Image: depressedcenterbeam.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Thanks to the morons working in the Flushing,New York sorting center for the USPS I just today received my latest Shapeways order .Instead of sending it to Grand Rapids,MI. they sent it to Indianapolis ,IN. Anywho here is a pic of the Z reprint and two N scale versions of the same car.You will notice that all three cars set nice and level. No tweeks,twists, or warps. I will admit I was more than a little unhappy with the New York USPS.Especially since the last order only took 3 days and July 4th was right in the middle of that.

[Image: Centerbeam-3.jpg]

I did get one more item that is not pictured .A CSX Sponge Bob cab for the Dash -3 rebuilds.It is going on a GP40-2 .
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Boy you sure have a lot of Kruger packages to make! Eek Misngth
Mike

The car in the upper pic has had the twist fixed but there is still some visable damage so it will get a forever load :mrgreen: The car in the lower picture and the two N scale cars will get removable loads. I keepooking for more colour pics but all I can find are red cars so I guess all four cars are going to be red. Wallbang
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Two prime examples of the scratchbuilder's art.Both created by Steve VanTil in Z scale.They are complete except for trucks, couplers,and paint.

Steve was a Union Pacific fan so the woodchip car will be painted in the appropriate shade of yellow and lettered VanTil Paper.The ballast car gets a coating of light gray and will be lettered for my Grande Valley Railway.

[Image: SteveVanTil-1.jpg]

I've always considered myself to be fairly good at scratchbuilding but Steve was truly an artist at his craft.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Thumbsup Cheers
Mike

Their here, less than 12 hours from the post office in Virginia to the post office in Grand Rapids and four hours later they were in my house.
One gets painted burgundy and light gray and lettered for the Grande Valley and the other one gets painted pink with black graphics and a breast Cancer ribbon to support breast Cancer research.

[Image: AZL-SD70s-1.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"