How about a meet and greet in The Chat Room?
Well, The chat room has been active a bit now, so, I guess it's time to start a poll....

If you are interested in forming a chat group --- an Informal chat group, please reply here and we'll see what we can do.

Informal: You do not have to participate every week. If you are busy, fine, just stop by when you can. There are no serious obligations.

What we need to decide:
What night(s) -- Preferably 1 or 2 nights a week. 1 week night and 1 weekend night or maybe only just one night a week.

What time of night?....and time zone? We used to have the chat a few nights a week, around 10:00 Eastern That's 7:00 PM Pacific, but it's also 3:00 am in London Eek
So, maybe we could have 2 or 3 chats at different times for members in different countries.

What do you think? Reply with a day and time you would be available to chat and we'll see what we can get together. As always the chat room has the same PG rating as the main board, but no single member has to run a chat. Just meet up in the chat room and talk. Smile Yes, you can use your mobile device to chat too, just watch your battery usage Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
I would like to participate in a chat. I am in Pacific time zone so after 6pm pacific is best for me. I already have a chat on Sunday's I am involved in at 6pm so any other night would be fine.
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/
Thanks for the suggestion Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

I do almost all of my internet business in the morning. Being a Father of four daughters, and having seven grandchildren, keeps me busy enough. Then, there's the modelbuilding, and somewhere in there some "social time".
A "meet and greet in the chat room" is a good idea, but my appearances there would be rare indeed.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:I do almost all of my internet business in the morning. Being a Father of four daughters, and having seven grandchildren, keeps me busy enough. Then, there's the modelbuilding, and somewhere in there some "social time".
A "meet and greet in the chat room" is a good idea, but my appearances there would be rare indeed.
We could have a time either Saturday or Sunday morning where a few of us could meet... Remember this is flexible Smile Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

It doesn't even have to be the same group each time, different strokes for different folks as the saying goes... Icon_lol Obviously, open to anyone here at any time, but yeah, it's nice to know that someone else may be around at that time rather than waiting for someone to show up.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
That's a great way of stating it...

We're just trying to get some days and times that anyone can be in the chat room. Once we get a list together, it will be posted so that anyone that want's to meet up at those times can. As Don said, it can be different people - we're just trying to get a few of us to meet up at designated times, so that we'll all know when someone else will be there. That way you don't end up talking to yourself Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Is 10 pm to late? That's when we use to meet every night back 10 years ago..IIRC there was a small afternoon group as well.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Yeah...the moderators met around 12:00 (my lunch time).... Then a few of us would show up most every night at 10 Eastern time
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

ngauger Wrote:We could have a time either Saturday or Sunday morning where a few of us could meet... Remember this is flexible Smile Big Grin

Once this is up and running, and I can figure out how to access it, I'll drop in occasionally, just to see what/where/when/how, it's going. If I am comfortable with the " feel of things" I can join in.
A "chat room", can become a very uncomfortable place, very quickly. The assumption being that it would not be as tightly regulated, because it is a place to "chat".
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
A "chat room", can become a very uncomfortable place, very quickly. The assumption being that it would not be as tightly regulated, because it is a place to "chat".
--------------------------------------------------------------
Last chat room we had there was always one or more moderators in chat..IIRC we had a rather nice discussion on designing layouts based on operation one Saturday afternoon. I'm sure we got over the head of one chatter since he decided to leave the discussion.

I don't ever recall anything becoming "uncomfortable" during any of the chats I took part in.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Might need to make a few different times, but 10 PM was the standard time to meet.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Anyone want to try a chat?

Can anyone be in the chat room tomorrow Saturday June 13th 10 EDT, 9 CDT, 8 MDT & 7 PDT?

Reply here and we'll see what we can get going Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75