Grand River Western
Got the last of the extruded Styrofoam down tonight.Next week (hopefully) the cork roadbed will be installed ,and two weeks from today the track will go down or at least be started.

[Image: GRW-rebuild_8.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
At two hours a week it's taking forever to get this thing operational.I got the curved end loop laid out last using 22" snap track + two pieces of 18" snap track.Hopefully I can get the roadbed down next week and the track done the following week.

[Image: GRW-rebuild_9.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

At least you are getting something done, I haven't hit a lick in months. Crazy
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Two hours last night and a half hour this afternoon got the mainline cork all glued down.Hopefully next week I can make major progress getting the track down. Just like the other end loop there will be a siding inside of the loop.I don't know just exactly what yet but there will be something. Big Grin

[Image: GRW-rebuild_9-a.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Thumbsup Applause You are making me feel quilty for not doing anything but 1 to 1 projects have kept me busy this summer. Wallbang
Mike

Mike, It's good to know that I am not alone 2285_ 2285_ Cheers
1 to 1 projects, seem to know where every model railroader lives, and gather there in great numbers.
kind of like rats Eek to a large pile of cheese Icon_twisted
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
This layout has been a king sized PITA ever since we started it.Now that it is my project alone it's even worse.I don't even feel like working on my home layouts.Once I get the track down and the thing running I'm hoping I feel more like getting my stuff done at home.Both the N and the Z layouts are capable of running but that is about it,and the HO switching layout is just a distant dream. Wallbang
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

As I've said before Catt, you need to dump all that Zero scale Eek and Horribly Oversized Crazy stuff and stick with the Normal stuff! Icon_lol
Mike

Due to the first Thursday of the month being the club business meeting night I did not get as far as I wanted to, but with about only 3 more feet of track to lay I should have a running layout when I leave club next Thursday. Applause

[Image: GRW-rebuild_10.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Thumbsup Applause
Mike

Decided not to wait till Thursday to finish the track.I went over this afternoon and finished it and it actually was closer to 6 ' of track.Pic shows my MOW loco making loops.Now I can spend Thursday evening cleaning up the mess and making futher plans. Applause

[Image: GRW-rebuild_11.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Got the cork down for what will actually be the second siding last night.There is one more going in on the other end inside that loop. The first siding is coming out of the other loop and runs parallel to the straight away.

[Image: GRW-rebuild_12.jpg]

As of 1-1-2017 this layout will no longer be my problem as I am leaving the club in pursuit of other things. The Grand River Valley club is a great bunch of friendly people but I need to tend to my bucket list before I'm to old to remember what's on it. Eek
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Everything O.K. Catt?
Mike

Other than now having Atrial Fibrillation ( no biggie though because the blood thinner I take for the heart valve) everything is fine.Basically I think I am just tired of working on that damn layout.Want to spend my hobby time working on my stuff.Two layouts to finish up and another one to build should keep my old carcass busy. Nope
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Thumbsup Cheers
Mike