A cool prototype in Stockholm Sweden!
[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 7.jpg]

After posting a post on one of the threads here I recalled a series of a photos from Stockholm I took from the yard of Liljeholmen that begs to be modeled. Unfortunaly I don't have the right space for it but I would like to share them anyway. Back at the beginning it was a part of the main line but as the line was relocated, it became a switching branch to serve the industries that replaced the railroad shops. It was operational until it was to be a serving depot for the new light rail serving the city. Once up on the time the line was busy enough to be using electric switcher but at least the 1980.s the catenary was removed albeit the masts that carried them. Interestingly enough the yard was "J" shaped where in the bow in the bottom of the "j" was a yard to serve the freight house and team track(s) with one track extended to serve a modern cement plant along waterfront at the very end of the bow.

At the opposing end, there was a tunnel to the larger yard and switching area for more industries and terminals which connected the line to the main line. Also there was a track branching of in a switch back to serve a small port where a liquor warehouse/plant is located. By the time of the photos the line was shut down and the old warehouses where underway to replaced by more modern office buildings. The photos are not the best as back then I was not too comfortable with a camera and the weather was not that very good, I guess they are from 1987 or so, but I scanned them anyway and is part of my web site. for more photos, http://olaviahokas.com/railscenes/liljepix.html
A photo of the opposite end with the tunnel and the tail track for the switch back...

[Image: 4.jpg]
A photos of mine on the diesels I saw working on the line.

[Image: t2183.jpg]
The T21 class which is a 800 hp version of West-German V65 class.. This photo of one is from a preserved railroad and I guess been added there as a spare parts project.

[Image: t44274.jpg]
A T44 in original paint from the early days in Green Cargo ownership. The herald of the national railroad is removed.
[Image: t44330-t44401.jpg]
A pair of Green Cargo T44.s in the blue scheme from the 1990.s
[Image: td357.jpg]
and the rebuilt TD in new Green Cargo liver.

And the current choice of switchers in Sweden the T44 class. At the eighties they were repainted from dark blue and orange to black and blue scheme and as the freight division was transformed to own company called Green Cargo, many was redecaled to the new ownership and eventually a number have been rebuilt to new TD-class. The engines repaint was slow and they were sporting the both versions of paint, though some where repainted in earlier Green Cargos green scheme. The rebuilts however are all repainted in to newer version of the Green Cargos scheme. The orange and the blue schemes are still around in some parts of the Swedish lines, working as a heavy switchers along the rebuilts and both types are serving on freights on branch lines.
here is a link to the track plan as it was back in 1916. It still was part of the main line and still housed the locomotive shops with a round house and a turntable, also the low railroad bridge and the connection over the strait was also removed. I guess as the main line was relocated over a huge bridge some one kilometer to east, most of the former shop buildings were raised and some typical multistory warehouses were built there along a street to serve them. new switches was added to be able to deliver a freight car or two to the ware houses. Back in 1987, most of these tracks were there and an occasional box car was parked there. But at the time of photos shown here most of the track to the ware houses were gone along the ware houses. Walthers American Hardware Supply kit is pretty close to a typical ware house here.

Back in the 1930.s a new street was built along the bluff pararell to the tracks and reached over the strait with a steel bridge, later on two more lanes was added along with another identical bridge. I guess the run around tracks were shortened and the waterfront was transformed in to a dock and one of the tracks at the freight house was extended along the dock and later a concrete plant was built there. Today, the dock is used by private boat owners that are middle of transforming the old tug boats, fishing boats or even former old minesweepers in to some form of leisure crafts.

http://www.bangardar.se/filer/ritningar/..._-0657.jpg

More info will follow....
Hi there,

that thing is looking very nice,interesting trackplan,too.....thanks for sharing.

Cheers,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835