Freelance 2015-3
Reinhard,

Nice job on the GP10. I located the WW decals that I have, they are for their black loco's and have the small crossed W's in red.

Bruce
bdw9535 Wrote:Reinhard,

Nice job on the GP10. I located the WW decals that I have, they are for their black loco's and have the small crossed W's in red.

Bruce
Ok, I have no intention to go with the black one. But there might be another option of "contemporary CR" for me. Walthers has a CR GP20 #2101 without turbo and the LVRR runs a GP20 in Contrail blue #9050, 9052 with out the turbo. In fact they are MILW upgraded GP9 with cooped nose etc. and named GP20. The air filter is different and the number boards need adjustment but I will give it a try when the Walthers GP20 arrives sometimes next week.

LVRR and WW do not really match but they are close enough for a freelance layout.

ps. I stumbled over this residential area while looking around in cities touched by the WW GP10 and was shocked. Living behind the wall. The properties are virtually worthless :o
https://www.google.de/maps/@39.4433759,-...6656?hl=en

pps. I forgot to do a concrete base at the cable plant. It looked wrong with the skin sticking in the ground.
[Image: IMG_4588_zpsgd4sya7n.jpg]
Reinhard
I noticed BNSF is still running some SW1500 in the beautiful old BN pine tree paint scheme. It was a nice task to take one of my BN SW1500 patch them and add some of the modern equipment for remote control etc.. I picked a road number that is used in Kansas City, MO best fitting into my themes. 3418 would be good choice too.
The base used is one of my blue box shells sitting on a modern smooth running RTR drive.

A nice project to get a dormant model from the cabinet on the layout at virtually no cost.

[Image: IMG_4593_zpsfzwgup96.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4592_zpsyuybvszc.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4591_zpsd1viyzir.jpg]
Reinhard
I intend to reconnect the two parts of the layout in front of the door with a light weight bridge made of two hatches. The two elements are made of 4" wide of .25" or .5" thick plywood and connected via piano hinges to the layout at both sides. They will both hang down, not reaching the floor, if not used.

The problem:
How to connect the two halves in the middle?
Have you done a similar hatch to bridge a door or do you have a reference to a similar solution?

[Image: IMG_4596_zpspv6ii5ir.jpg]

ps. I had in the past a large hatch connected at the right side and folded to the right side when not in use blocking a cabinet and parts of the layout.
Reinhard
faraway Wrote:I intend to reconnect the two parts of the layout in front of the door with a light weight bridge made of two hatches. The two elements are made of 4" wide of .25" or .5" thick plywood and connected via piano hinges to the layout at both sides. They will both hang down, not reaching the floor, if not used.

The problem:
How to connect the two halves in the middle?
[Image: IMG_4596_zpspv6ii5ir.jpg]
1- purchase ( or find ) a hinge the width of your "drop bridge". With the "bridge" in the operating position ( up ), bolt the new hinge to the bottom, with the hinge pin directly under the joint where the two bridge halves meet . This will insure side to side rail alignment, due to the tight fit of the two hinge plates.
2. Once the hinge is bolted in place, remove the hinge pin, so the two halves can be lowered.
3. You will need a removable support, under the center of the bridge, to hold it at the proper height, with a slot in the top of the removable support, just wide enough for the hinge plate "pivot-points" to rest snugly in.
the removable hinge pin could be used to prevent any vertical misalignment between the two halves, when they are in the operating position. the track rails, can then meet end to end, with no "rail joiners"
The modular group I belong to has one "module", that is a 3' long, tilt up bridge, between the two ends, aligned using the Hinge Plate idea, and it works rather well.
Hope that helps.......
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Also instead of a support from the floor to the bottom of the swinging section, you can use long round wooden rods that could be slid from one end of the fixed portion of the layout across the bottom of the swinging sections to the other fixed end. Almost like an old wooden castle door but instead of vertically your application would be horizontal.
Thanks for the suggestion how to get a new bridge in front of the door. I will come back to that topic next year.

The WW 752 prototype got it's CR painting removed in a somewhat brutal process. I guess it is a mixture of solvent and sanding, steel brush etc.
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/picture...CF2663.JPG

My model got patched with perfect Microscale blue rectangles.
[Image: IMG_4585_zpspbwpk4ch.jpg]

I corrected that by removing the patches and the original white lettering with Micro Sol followed by a lite alcohol rub to do some harm to the perfect Athearn blue paint followed by a lite sanding attack. Still different from the prototype but closer.
[Image: IMG_4597_zps2e9thuzb.jpg]
Reinhard
That looks great Thumbsup
Great work on those locos. Looking good.

Cheers,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835
This manufacturing building is soled to anew owner
[Image: IMG_4460_zpsj8tm6rpt.jpg]

The new owner needs a warehouse only, cut the third floor, covered the second floor with panels and added a door with steps.
[Image: IMG_4601_zps3ndrhnwq.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4600_zpswlb0bap8.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4602_zpsoaqh1pdn.jpg]
Reinhard
Some last details and weathering
[Image: IMG_4605_zpsyz8vogpp.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4606_zpsg7w4quln.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4607_zpsooxspy1n.jpg]
Reinhard
Very nice work! Applause
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
I always like the vents and piping on your structures!
Christmas season is shoe box season too....
[Image: IMG_4609_zps0m7kuavm.jpg]

A German online dealer (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.architekturbedarf.de">https://www.architekturbedarf.de</a><!-- m -->) has most of evergreen stuff in quantity on stock and delivers quite fast. The metal sidings have been ordered Sunday, shipped yesterday and arrived this morning. That saved the extreme inconvenient trip to the next local dealer downtown Stuttgart during the Christmas season.

Some paint makes a difference
[Image: IMG_4610_zpsqwwxkfi3.jpg]
Reinhard