Big Blue ID badges
Looks great, Matt!! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
Thank You. Cheers
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/
Here is mine:

Attached Files Image(s)

Scott
N I C E!!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Cool. Thumbsup
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/
Jesso,
Nice badge. I like the website. Neat stuff. What's the picture of on your dual monitors?
It is a picture from <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://digitalblasphemy.com/">http://digitalblasphemy.com/</a><!-- m --> I joined for a while and downloaded a lot of pictures, I think it was called the Watch Tower, I like how the trees were all over so I made it look like my train layout had more trees
Scott
Minor changes done, this is the Gauge ID I'll have at the NMRA convention in Milwaukee next week.

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Nice looking badge, Pete!! Smile Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Sumpter250 ...

Pete, what software are you using to generate that badge? It looks great ... I'd like to give it shot myself! Thumbsup
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
P5se Camelback Wrote:Sumpter250.....
Pete, what software are you using to generate that badge? It looks great ... I'd like to give it shot myself! Thumbsup

I never do things the easy way, so.......The "Big Blue" logo was downloaded from this thread. The "Cindys Harbor" logo I scanned from the original 2X art work.
I was able to insert, add and color text, and organize everything in Autocad, and exported the drawing as a bitmap,to floppy.
I then opened it in Corel Draw to do some cleanup work and then save as a .jpg which I was able to then print, and to attach here.
It's a case of; I already have the above mentioned software, so I figured out how to go from one to the other. If I hadn't have had that, I might have acquired a single package that would have done the job.

Ngauger, or someone else, might be able to suggest a simpler way of doing it.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Thanks, Pete!

I have Corel 3 on my old 386 machine (it still is hooked up and works, it's just that I take a shower, make the bed and have a couple cups of coffee while it's booting up!) but no graphics, photo or general image manipulation software on this laptop. I once thought of getting Photo Shop until I saw the price, at which point I bent down, picked up my upper denture from the floor and left the computer store!

My daughter has a Mac and all kinds of graphics and photo manipulation software ... I'll cajole her into doing something for me ... she'll think it's fun.

Thanks again!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Probably the best and easiest program to use for this is a DTP (desktop publishing) one. MS Publisher is included in some packages, but the one I've been using for years is Serif's PagePlus. I used to do beta testing on this software up until a few years ago when I figured being retired didn't include do that anymore. There is a "starter edition" on their website which is free. Here is the link to it:
http://www.serif.com/FreeDownloads/?ITC=FD
I don't know what their starter edition has since I've always used their full editions. Just so you know, I created the Big Blue logo using this software as well as my badge on the first page of this thread. With DTP software, you can paste just about anything onto your work and add text and move it around or resize it to your liking. I also use Serif's PhotoPlus for my pictures, but I don't think they have a free version of that one.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD