Veterans Day
Once again, it is time to pay tribute to those who gave so much on our behalf.
Agreed! Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Sad to notice that it now requires advance notices like this to get even one other person to get anyone at all to remember Veterans Day.

But no one on this forum ever forgets or overlooks the Superbowl or the World Series... Icon_lol
You're just more informed than the rest of us.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
MountainMan Wrote:Sad to notice that it now requires advance notices like this to get even one other person to get anyone at all to remember Veterans Day.

But no one on this forum ever forgets or overlooks the Superbowl or the World Series... Icon_lol

Or it could be that a model railroad forum isn't the place that most people choose to acknowledge veterans day.

OR it could be because you posted last evening and not everyone browses the "view active topics" list all the time, and simply didn't notice your post.

Or it could be that most people didn't even sign on between 6PM last night and this morning.

Or it could be that veterans day is tomorrow, and so not everyone feels the need to say anything about veterans day until then.

They talk about veterans day on the radio, its on the news. Nobody forgot, they just didn't think to post anything about it here. A model train forum is not a good gauge of people's remembrance of veterans day (or any other holiday or historic day for that matter). Nobody needed "reminding".

There is nothing wrong with making a post about veterans day, but I wish you wouldn't use slow traffic over a short period of time as "evidence" that people forgot.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
"I do solemnly swear to defend the Constitution of The United States of America, against all enemies foreign and domestic"

Tomorrow, there will be parades. Tomorrow, some things best forgotten will be remembered, and some things best remembered, will fade into forgetfulness.
October 10, 1961, I began a journey that ended on November 1, 1990, when I was transferred to the "retired" list.
I consider myself a Viet Nam *era* veteran, because I was one of the fortunate ones who was never sent, "in country", spending all my shore duty on U.S. soil, and all of my Sea Duty on the Atlantic Ocean, the Caribbean, and the Mediterranean Sea.
Tomorrow, I will celebrate Veteran's Day, watching one of the local parades, attending a wine tasting, and keeping, in my heart, a prayer for all who served, and for all who fell, in combat.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
One day a year is not enough---I remember and honour all our veterans everyday
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:
MountainMan Wrote:Sad to notice that it now requires advance notices like this to get even one other person to get anyone at all to remember Veterans Day.

Or it could be that veterans day is tomorrow, and so not everyone feels the need to say anything about veterans day until then.

They talk about veterans day on the radio, its on the news. Nobody forgot, they just didn't think to post anything about it here. A model train forum is not a good gauge of people's remembrance of veterans day (or any other holiday or historic day for that matter). Nobody needed "reminding".

There is nothing wrong with making a post about veterans day, but I wish you wouldn't use slow traffic over a short period of time as "evidence" that people forgot.

I, as co-owner agree with all that Green_Elite_Cab stated above, but at least One Real Reason is that; If you didn't post it first!! "I" would have posted it today! Thumbsup Worship

I'm here most every morning, I work for HUD, so I'm off today in honor of our Veterans who are also employed at our place. I never served, too young for Nam, too old for the rest of them. I honor veterans every chance I get all year, every year, both online and in my waking life. I'm particularly interested in Pear Harbor, since I had an Uncle that was stationed at Hickam Field on 7 December 1941. He was also at a few other high profile battles. He never spoke much about his service except to say he was a Supply Sargent in the Army.

Don't fret about it, there are a lot of supporters here, you have to give at least 48 hours for everyone to cycle through and read/reply. This is true, every day and most every post.

Thanks for your Service!!
Worship Worship Worship Worship
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Ten years ago today---Nov.11/2005.The local fire brigade plays The Last Post at the Remembrance Day ceremonies at the Menen Gate in Ypres Belgium---LEST WE FORGET

[Image: lastpost.jpg]
" But no one on this forum ever forgets or overlooks the Superbowl or the World Series... "

I don't "forget or overlook", I simply have no desire to see "the Superbowl or the World Series..." now, if the America's Cup Race, is being televised.........yup! glued to that ole TV screen I am. Wink Big Grin Wink
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
The unknown side of being a combat vet that has no remedy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I knew war..War knew me..

At night when the "ghost" come I weep bitter tears for my lost comrades and wonder why I live while they had to die.

This was written by a unknown Viet Nam Veteran.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Here we are, the day after Veterans Day and somehow we still haven't forgotten. We can't and won't. Hang the Stupid Bowl or whatever sports game is being played. I don't remember a big deal about any of them being discussed here, but I do remember from time to time discussions about those who served. I've printed this poem before, and maybe some of you had missed it. My wife composed it years ago and is in her book. It's just a reminder that in my estimation, we have no sports "heroes", they are people that are highly paid to do a job. We do however, have HERO veterans that cannot be paid enough to do the job they did.... as well as those that are still serving their country,

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
cn nutbar Wrote:One day a year is not enough---I remember and honour all our veterans everyday
Exactly Ed. It is nice to remember them every day. My father served and I have to sons that are veterans.
It is nice they have Veterans day and Memorial day but too many think going to a parade on those two days or laying a wreath at a tomb ends our obligation. What is in the heart and mind trumps the symbolism every time.
Charlie