Non-Railroad Photos
Delaware River and Delaware Memorial Bridge as seen from Pennsville, NJ on February 2, 2016.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Of course, it would have to be research photos for my "other hobby".
A Two masted Whaling Schooner, careened over on her port side for some hull plank replacement on her Starboard side. This was a fairly common practice, as dry-docks were not that readily available in those days. Lines were rigged to the mast tops, and the vessels were "hauled down", floating on their sides until the repairs were finished. Some larger ships were "overhauled" in the same way.

I've never thought about this before but......the thought just struck me......" hauled down"/ "hauled over", for below waterline repairs to the hull....... Did the term "overhaul' come from this particular practice ?
Ships today, are brought into dry-dock, for......... "Shipyard Overhaul" Wink :?: Wink

M a y b e ........ I need to build another module set, with this scene as its "centerpiece". Icon_twisted Wink Wink Goldth Icon_lol 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
[Image: dsc05014odovh.jpg]
Whoops!

Lutz
Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Wink Lucky there wasn't a recent heavy rain, up river ............ or maybe there was, and that was the result. Icon_twisted Wink 357 I have a friend who owns a pontoon boat on the "chain-of-lakes" here in northern Illinois. Every June we take a cruise down the Fox River, passing under a number of fixed bridges, almost but not quite as low to the water as that one appears to be.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
The JS Ineos Intrepid outbound in the Delaware River off of Pennsville, NJ. It is carrying the first shipment of Marcellus Shale ethane from Marcus Hook, PA to a petrochemical plant in Norway. If you need more info google JS Ineos Intrepid.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Some classic vehicles from our towns 4th of July parade.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

And a few more

Attached Files Image(s)

Continuing on,

Attached Files Image(s)

And a few more,

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

A few more:

[Image: 25454517353_2c6e5f6075_z.jpg]MtHoodPortlandOR9-24-15 by Brian Schmidt, on Flickr

[Image: 25924087922_34a02e9bb9_z.jpg]DowntownPortlandOR9-24-15 by Brian Schmidt, on Flickr

[Image: 23475320416_ec1454d53a_z.jpg]Skyline2NewarkNJ10-26-15 by Brian Schmidt, on Flickr
Great Pics!! Thumbsup
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
[Image: dsc065813ys40.jpg]
Wait a litle moment ...

[Image: dsc065824dybn.jpg]
Oops, the percentage between full and empty vodka bottles seemed a little bit disturbed. The front barge began "eating grass" and later the stern of the towboat too.

Cheers Lutz
Wow!!! That doesn't look good!!! :o
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
From the Cape May Ferry off of Lewes, Delaware July 20, 2016.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: 27798150183_27f5b55635_z.jpg]Balloons1WaterfordWI7-15-16 by Brian Schmidt, on Flickr