New Layout
I've abandoned the layout that I posted under New Kid on the Block as I thought it looked too busy. I found a plan on here that I liked, so laid it out so as to see what it looked like on my 'boards. Much simpler, less switches and sprawled more. Much better. I've only laid it out loose for now, but when I get it down I'll put some photo's up. I don't know yet what ground cover to use, but I want to portray a rather run down, slightly seedy urban end of line, with the rails on the dirt. Possibly aquarium sand?
It's a good day when you wake up in the morning. It's not your problem if you don't.
I use real dirt run thru a window screen. Nothing looks more like real dirt than real dirt and the price is right! Goldth
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Bugs and all .... Icon_lol
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
They say to bake the dirt in an oven to kill off the wildlife but I never have and have never had a problem. I guess not much wildlife fits thru those tiny little holes in the window screening Eek Nope . The only wildlife problems I have had involve in-laws but then that's a story for another day! Icon_lol
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
I've used aquarium sand for ballast and soil. Cheap, clean, easy to find. I like it.