Freelance 2016-1
The industries of my ISL need to be different if the trains will have less boxcars and more e.g. covered hoppers and tank cars. That is a good point to switch to Freelance 2016-1 with an almost blank area designated for covered hopper and tank car supporting industry. No more facts today. I have just started thinking about possible solutions.
[Image: IMG_4612_zpsqimwxhcx.jpg]

ps. I love center beam cars but they are like well cars to long for my layout. I will refrain from those space monsters.
Reinhard
Reinhard,A lot of lumber is still hauled on 60' bulkhead flatcars. On my ISL H. G.Donaldson & Sons Lumber company receives one or two bulkhead cars a month as well as occasional boxcar of lumber and roofing material ..

This customer is one of seven on my transload track.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
A new adventure begins.I do believe I will tag along just to see where we go. I probably should mention that I am addicted to covered hoppers. Applause
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
I made two generic building walls as a temporar background decoration to be used in the upcoming industry.
[Image: IMG_4614_zpsk3d9ojcx.jpg]

I have to wait until the Cornerstone Plastic Pellet Transfer arrives next week. The silos will be integrated into the buildings.

A kit of Cornerstone Modern Loading Racks was found in the basement https://www.walthers.com/prodimage/0933/...004037.gif and I wonder if it is of use in a covered hopper plastic pellet unloading facility? I did not find similar installations at industries receiving pellets. Just tubes and pipes as they come with the pellet transfer kit. May be one for inspection purposes only?

@Brakie, I am using bulk head cars to serve the cable plant. They are great for cable drums
(Preiser #17117 http://www.preiser-figuren.de/images/det..._17117.jpg )

@Catt, I will try my best on the limited space.
Reinhard
looking good and looking familiar. Thumbsup

Ray
long island jack Wrote:.... looking familiar ....
Some call it Chinese design, some call it copied Wink

The team track and the old cobblestone area are shortened by one cobblestone element extending the plant up to the intersection of the street. An entrance gate and fences will fit better and the area is less cluttered.
The old crane from the 1930s got replaced with a forklift handling the cable drums more suitable for a contemporary team track.

[Image: IMG_4615_zpsotkgaiy8.jpg]

Later that day
[Image: IMG_4617_zps0n03otku.jpg]
Reinhard
A small building with an office for the guard resides on the new space
forming an entrance between two buildings
[Image: IMG_4618_zpstqhj1azn.jpg]

and a more closed yard in the plant.
[Image: IMG_4619_zpszswj9fii.jpg]

ps. The Christmas card at the wall close to the door was a nice surprise from George Elwood the owner of the "Fallen Flag Website".
Reinhard
Thumbsup Applause
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
The silos of the plastic pellet transfer kit arrived and enabled me to proceed with the raw boxes of the plastic plant.
[Image: IMG_4625_zpso8swc6rl.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4626_zpsreuy6icr.jpg]
Reinhard
Reinhard,

I'm still amazed at how quick you decide to make a change and then have something to show in such a short time. Applause Looking forward to seeing more.

Bruce
I agree with Bruce. Viewing your threads is like flipping through a magazine filled with photos of good-looking layouts, all different. Applause Thumbsup Applause Thumbsup

Wayne
I must have missed it but what did you decide the new era is? As always, thanks for all of the posts

Steve
Modleing the Jefferson Branch in HO  on the Southern Pacific
Got all raw buildings painted. Some simple paint makes the difference.
Sounds easy but was quite frustrating. I used a new brand "Amsterdam" of rattle cans with excellent dull paint in colors very suitable for buildings. The problem is the unique nozzle on the cans. The nozzle plugs up like hell. Had to suspend painting, clean the nozzles in water, blow them with the airbrush and suspend painting several times. Very frustrating. I contacted the makers in the Netherlands to get some advise how to use their rattle cans sucessful.

I have another problem with the plastic pellet unloading facilities. The pipe system supplied by Walthers with the kit is far to thin compared to everything seen on prototype photos and in real life unloading of a bulk truck in Vernon, CA. I see only pipes and hoses at least 10cm/4" thick used for plastic pellet unloading. I think I have to build my own.

[Image: IMG_4627_zpsedfqc179.jpg]

Another quick swap is the replacement of an old brick building at the very right end with a more modern background building removed from the center two weeks ago.
[Image: IMG_4629_zps0ydfrfkp.jpg]
Reinhard
when you scale things down 10cm/4" works out less than 1mm,how small are walthers pipes!! Eek

Ray
This photo shows four varieties from front to rear:
1- Walthers piping for oil industry
2- home made 1
3- home made 2
4- Walthers plastic pellet translaoding

[Image: IMG_4630_zpszfnpixhq.jpg]

This are two examples of the prototype:

http://www.ktron.com/images/imagelib//pr...ry-pix.jpg
http://reliancemixers.com/images/Railcar...Header.jpg

Walthers is .9mm and not to much to small but it looks wrong to me (three time "to" in one sentence :-)
Reinhard