HO Scale Trucks/vehicles
Thank you guys!
This is a MOW truck from Shapeways that I've been working on. Still needs a few more details and I am debating whether I should replace the tires and wheels with something else, as these lack detail. Shapeways offers a great selection of vehicles in 1/87th scale that you can't find elsewhere but they do require quite a bit of work to make them presentable. Probably should have sanded this truck some more but was worried about losing the details on the cab and body.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

I don't know how I missed your post Bruce, that looks awesome.I purchased the same one but doesn't look nearly as good as yours, I couldn't get the paint to look smooth no matter how much sanding I did to the printed material it still looked grainy.

I updated a Boley Seagrave pumper with fdny decals, crew figures, Don mills wheels and reconfigured the light bars on the roof. Engine 228 is located in the sunset park section of Brooklyn and is the first due engine company to Bush terminal so they'll fit right in on my bush terminal layout.
[Image: 20180301_124309_zpshncnom1t.jpg]

I also got 2 First Gear Mack front load garbage trucks. I removed the black window glazing, added an interior and driver, clear window glazing and placed the dumpster lift arms in front of the cab and painted the wheels. It was a real pain to disassemble and I'm dreading the 2nd one.
[Image: 20180228_130410_zpscij5wqv3.jpg]
Thumbsup Applause
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
I took a Trident 4 door Ford pickup chopped it down to a 2 door and will replace the Chevy cab on this FDNY ambulance. I'll likely chop down 2 more cabs, one for an FDNY purple k truck and a 2 door pickup just for the heck of it.

[Image: received_1965825347059677_zpsrvmtlvqf.jpeg]
[Image: received_396444704484072_zpsaemx50lj.jpeg]
[Image: received_353634068823825_zpswedl79jb.jpeg]
[Image: maxresdefault_zps2mt8yf9g.jpg]
Hello everybody,
Nice work out there, beautiful craftsmanship and lots of ideas and  for future projects.
Serge
A Shapeways GMC and Bachmann HiRail truck made up for Conrail.  Nothing really fancy, just some details and decals and a little weathering on both trucks.  Also added rims and tires and a driver to the Bachmann truck.

Bruce

Excellent job getting the Shapeways truck surface smooth or did they improve so much?
Reinhard
Reinhard,

Thanks, it requires alot of sanding to get it to look presentable.

Bruce
Both of your MoW trucks look great Bruce. Adding details to the Bachmann truck definitely help the look of it and you did a great job with the finish on the 3d printed truck. I purchased the same 3d printed truck and it was pretty easy to cut out the windows so it would appear more see through and not solid.

The fdny ambulance got some primer and RPS wheels to give a better idea how it'll look.

[Image: received_252244165706946_zps4lyfn2xv.jpeg]
Bob,

Thanks, I was considering opening up the windows but could not find anything for an interior, then you have to make the window glass.

Bruce
Well there are a few options, I've used the clear plastic sheets you get at staples for overhead projectors for my resin cabs/vehicles and ive used interiors from other vehicles. You could probably use an interior from a trident chevy truck. I could send you the interior from that ambulance chevy cab I'm not likely going to use.