Photobucket vs. Flickr
[Image: th_BKRR_Old_State_Rd_zpsckmnh1r1.jpg]
I've been playing around with Flickr for the past day, but as bad as Photobucket is now I find it easier and quicker to use than Flickr...especially for uploading pics to forums like this. Well we all are entitled to use what works best for us,so I w ill stick with Photobucket for now.

Cheers
Gene
On my Windows 10 there is a photo editing that comes with it that I just found .....realized I don't really need FB or Flickr .
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
faraway Wrote:(...) ps. I intend to keep the Photobucket account to ensure all the old posts still point to a valid internet address. The account will expire in August 2016.

Just curious, what will happen with all your old pics when the PB account expires? Do you have a plan to have them all copied over to Flickr, or will they be deleted along with the account? I have several links to your old PB albums, and would hate to see all those great pics gone.

As far as photo hosting goes, I host all my pics myself. I've seen far to many hosting sites being ruined by various updates, changed terms and conditions to the worse, or simply disappear for different reasons, and would never trust any such site with my photos or other files. I have my own domain and web server where everything is located and shared from, no need for redundant uploads to different sites, and I have full control without having to rely on a third party.
Svein Wrote:....Just curious, what will happen with all your old pics when the PB account expires? Do you have a plan to have them all copied over to Flickr, or will they be deleted along with the account? I have several links to your old PB albums, and would hate to see all those great pics gone.....
Svein,

I use the iMac as the main repository. All photos from camera, iPhone, iPad etc. all go to the repository (managed by the app photos). That is the center that gets regularly backup etc.
The next thing is a shadow of photos to be published hosted somewhere in the internet. That was PB in the past and became Flickr last weekend.
The only thing I had to do is to upload the "freelance 20xx" albums from "Photo" on my iMac to Flickr. My PB account will expire 8/21/16. Until then are all links in Big Blue still valid and new links point to photos held on Flickr.
We will how fast the data will be erased by PB after my account has expired.

Just go to http://www.rub-peters.de and you will find everything on Flickr
Reinhard
Reinhard,

That's great Thumbsup , but I was thinking of all your other PB albums. You have several other albums with a lot of great pics from earlier layout rebuilds (from before your started the Freelance themes) that are not on Flickr, at least not yet. Do you plan to copy those albums over to Flickr as well?
The MSTL and the Small Town are not converted. I think they are to old and I have to local copy of gthem. But I forgot to transfer the photos of my 2011 US trip. There are a lot of nice details on some photos. I will do that too. Might take some time as the photos are held in directories on the hard disk and not in "photos".
The albums misc 1 - 3 are used for temporary storage only when I wanted to show something in a special context. I think they have no general value.
Reinhard