All change.
My daughter, bless her, has just moved into her first house and had carpet fitted throughout. She had a fair bit left and she's given it to me for my railway room. I have 5 baseboards going round 3 sides, luckily without a lot of track laid, but I've now got to figure out a way of doing it. The 'boards have legs to the floor and are screwed to the wall at various places. I'm thinking that if I removed the legs and cut them at an angle, I can support the 'boards at the bottom of the wall, just off the floor. Put more screws in at the back. Then clear the floor and lay the carpet. That's the theory anyway. Crack on.
It's a good day when you wake up in the morning. It's not your problem if you don't.
If the room isn't too big could you use a couple long 2x4s to go under the tables from wall to wall to temporarily support the layout?
Charlie
That's a thought. Thanks.
It's a good day when you wake up in the morning. It's not your problem if you don't.

I use a shelving system with 12 x 75mm timber laded on top for my layouts as space is limited ,they do different width brackets, works a treat

Ray
35 I've got some shelf brackets. Why didn't I think of that? Simple. I also thought that,whilst I was at it, I'd get some hardboard and put a backscene in. Easy to curve on the corners. Much better than square corners.