Finally a real layout effort.
Well, I'm finally working on a layout in ernest. I have 'started' at least four layouts in the past but never really got too far. You know, lack of time, space, patience. About a year ago my wife suggested a change. She suggested I start over and build in the patio enclosure instead of the basement. I could go from 10' x 18' to 16' x 20'. Hum, not a bad idea, especially since we never use the patio for anything but storing junk. So I cleaned out the area and started building. Here are a few photos of my work so far.

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks exciting RC. Nice locale for a layout too I might add with all that natural light coming in. Thumbsup
I can see this is going to be a nice sized layout.
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
Looks like your off to a great start. Good location to. Thumbsup

Loren
I got my first train when I was three,
put a hundred thousand miles on my knees.
I REALLY like that double track bridge in the first photo! That'll make a nice scene.
Ralph
Nice sized layout!! Like Ralph, i really like that double track bridge too Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Thanks all. The bridge was on my last attempt at a layout. This time I dug it out and wanted to use it somewhere but couldn't find a spot. Then I thought I could go back and cut a shallow creek into this section (lifts out for door behind). So, I laid it on the track and used a marker to outline where the creek might be. I have since cut out the foam and am ready to cut into the wood to form the creek shape. I need to come up with suitable bridge abuttments at either end.

KT
That's a great room for a layout. Nice going so far!
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)