Easy Driving Test ......have at it .

Got it ? How about wife , kids , dog ?? Goldth
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
All at once sounds better to me. Goldth
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
I vote for all at once as well! Thumbsup Cheers
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
YouTube has a lot of Russian traffic accident videos.
The Russian sequence would be 1 and 3 start at the same time (left turn is favored to "rob" the right of way) and 2 will accelerate (never give up!) and kill the last survivors.
Thanks for being so polite not asking for the German sequence. We would need to know the involved Mercedes, BMW and "others" :oops:
Reinhard
Tom is . of course , correct in his answer .....but let's ramp this up a bit and introduce real life situations OK ?

- Driver 1 has just had a loud argument with his wife who caught him messing around with the hot babe next door . He is eating a Big Mac and fries , drinking a Slurpee and hitting the search button on the car radio in an effort to find a suitable Black Sabbath song to fit his mood .

-Driver 2 - Recently moved from England and is finding the adjustment to driving on the right side of the road a bit of a challenge . He is texting those feelings , right now , to his wife and is balancing a scalding hot coffee on his leg .

Driver 3 - Has just been discharged from the Marines and has his girl friend sitting beside him . ......hasn't seen her in 3 years .....she is rubbing his leg while whispering in his ear what she is going to do to him when they get to the hotel .....or maybe the nearest field .

.....Sooooo ,in what order do the three drivers proceed ? Eek Eek
teejay Wrote:Tom is . of course , correct in his answer .....but let's ramp this up a bit and introduce real life situations OK ?

- Driver 1 has just had a loud argument with his wife who caught him messing around with the hot babe next door . He is eating a Big Mac and fries , drinking a Slurpee and hitting the search button on the car radio in an effort to find a suitable Black Sabbath song to fit his mood .

-Driver 2 - Recently moved from England and is finding the adjustment to driving on the right side of the road a bit of a challenge . He is texting those feelings , right now , to his wife and is balancing a scalding hot coffee on his leg .

Driver 3 - Has just been discharged from the Marines and has his girl friend sitting beside him . ......hasn't seen her in 3 years .....she is rubbing his leg while whispering in his ear what she is going to do to him when they get to the hotel .....or maybe the nearest field .

Well, for that scenario, things are different. Driver 1 should be turning right, not left, that's where Tony's Bar and Grill is and Tony always has some great suggestions on how to wiggle out of situations like this.

Driver 2 needs to put his car in reverse since he's driving in the wrong direction on the wrong side of the street (in his opinion).

And for driver 3, his best bet is to just turn off the engine where he is and ask his girlfriend just what her intentions are. Things always work out when you sit there and discuss things since she may just want to go to the Krazy Kone for some ice cream and he needs to know where that is since he's been away for all that time. Icon_lol Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Interestingly, last night I was in a situation where there was no clear answer. This particular intersection was a driveway coming out of a shopping center onto a 6-lane main street with a median that is about 2 lanes wide. They designed the median so that a person turning left was to go halfway across the 6-lane road into the median, then look for traffic to clear the other way. Yet, the median was also designed to allow people to turn left from the 6-lane toad to the shopping center across the street (Best I can describe without showing a diagram). Anyway, there is an intersection between the two left turn routes within the median! And no signage as to who has the right of way... In any event, it was a very poorly designed intersection.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Kevi, if you Google Map the spot, it's easier to explain. Thumbsup
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
teejay Wrote:Tom is . of course , correct in his answer .....but let's ramp this up a bit and introduce real life situations OK ?

Directly to the nearest emergency room. 8-)
nachoman Wrote:They designed the median so that a person turning left was to go halfway across the 6-lane road into the median, then look for traffic to clear the other way. Yet, the median was also designed to allow people to turn left from the 6-lane toad to the shopping center across the street
Exactly describes the southern entrance to my favorite K- Roger store. I pulled out there in front of a police car one night and he scared the mess out of me flashing his blue lights!! I guess he thought that he had R.O.W. I cussed under my breath and my wife fussed at me... 357
Cid
Wait 'til the "self driving cars " try to figure these things out !! Eek
Quote:.....Sooooo ,in what order do the three drivers proceed ? Eek Eek

Wallbang Each of the three drivers is a "MFFY" ( Me First Forget about You ) Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Wink

:mrgreen: ( Eek CRRRRUUUUUUNCHHHHHHH !!!!!!! Nope )
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
faraway Wrote:YouTube has a lot of Russian traffic accident videos.
The Russian sequence would be 1 and 3 start at the same time (left turn is favored to "rob" the right of way) and 2 will accelerate (never give up!) and kill the last survivors.
Thanks for being so polite not asking for the German sequence. We would need to know the involved Mercedes, BMW and "others" :oops:

Those Russian videos should be a standard "How Not To Drive" video in any driving school.

From one of the videos. 1 will remain stop and be hit by 2 while 3 rolls over. Eek
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!