Freelance 2016-2
Santa Claus knew the crew would gain "some" weight over the Christmas season and delivered a new "switcher" that can handle a heavy crew too Wink
A nice video with a 8-40B and a GP38-2 switching with just two cars. https://youtu.be/LIfB2jnZGiw A video (14 minutes long) made for the owners of small ISL with hungry eyes for bigger icon.

[Image: 31821309311_8a234e01da_c.jpg]IMG_5268 by faraway52, on Flickr

I am "surprised" Atlas did not put the headlight in the nose and omitted the ditch lights, antenna and AC on the roof. All that little extras had been on the prototype at ATSF time already. The chassis is very well prepared to have the head light in the nose.
Reinhard
Reinhard, I suspect the reason for the omission of the nose headlights has to do with the fact that both a new short hood and cab would be necessary to accomplish a change that as far as I can tell was only done on the SF/BNSF Dash 8-40B.If I remember correctly though Details West has the pilot face mount GE ditchlights.

Oh, and one other thing I discovered not all of the conversions are the same.Shapeways (or some other 3D printing company) may be the best chance of getting these parts done.If I had the skills I would do them myself,but I don't. Sad
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Catt Wrote:.... as far as I can tell was only done on the SF/BNSF Dash 8-40B.....
Thanks a lot for the explanation.
I suspected something like that. I had a look at the prototype and Atlas models of CR and CSX 8-40B and they are a better match. Atlas saved the money and effort to do a very unique SF/BNSF model.
Reinhard