New airbrush test
Got a new Badger Sotar 20/20 airbrush on Friday. Unpacked it and did a quick weathering test on a couple of new Accurail boxcars with it. What an awesome airbrush!!!
[Image: image_zpsil9dnsoj.jpeg]

[Image: image_zps6zyn1ypg.jpeg]
That same thing can be done easily w/ powders like Bragdon's & NO air brush cleaning!
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
ATSF/LAJ Ry Fan & Modeler
lajry Wrote:That same thing can be done easily w/ powders like Bragdon's & NO air brush cleaning!
Icon_lol Guess you missed the words " airbrush test" in the thread title and the point of the thread. This wasn't meant as a "airbrush vs powders" thread, but nice hijack attempt. Btw...I find using powders far more messy than using my airbrush...and I've been using both for over 40 years. Goldth Goldth Goldth
Cleaning an airbrush isn't the big issue that non-airbrush users might make it out to be. Airbrushed weathering and weathering with powders (or even a brush) all have their place, but when an airbrush is the best choice, I'd use it even if the job took less time than the cleaning....and the cleaning takes under two minutes, even with my fumbly fingers.

Good-looking weathering, by the way. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:Cleaning an airbrush isn't the big issue that non-airbrush users might make it out to be. Airbrushed weathering and weathering with powders (or even a brush) all have their place, but when an airbrush is the best choice, I'd use it even if the job took less time than the cleaning....and the cleaning takes under two minutes, even with my fumbly fingers.

Good-looking weathering, by the way. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Wayne

Thanks Doc. I fully agree...weathering powders/pastels, watercolour pencils, brush-painting,airbrushes...all have their place and I use them all. As far as airbrush cleaning....simplifying the cleaning process is what finally converted me to acrylics from enamels... i can clean my airbrush in 2-3 minutes at most .
Genetk44 Wrote:
lajry Wrote:That same thing can be done easily w/ powders like Bragdon's & NO air brush cleaning!
Icon_lol Guess you missed the words " airbrush test" in the thread title and the point of the thread. This wasn't meant as a "airbrush vs powders" thread, but nice hijack attempt. Btw...I find using powders far more messy than using my airbrush...and I've been using both for over 40 years. Goldth Goldth Goldth

I agree.I always do my weathering jobs spraying acrylics and use powders for details.