Movie modeling - enjoy
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wimp.com/13-epic-movie-sets-that-were-actually-miniature-models/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link%2F/">http://www.wimp.com/13-epic-movie-sets- ... t=link%2F/</a><!-- m -->

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
That's cool!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Yeah.... Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup super cool, thanks Applause
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Almost thought No. 7 was John Allen's Gorre & Daphetid. >)
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
ATSF/LAJ Ry Fan & Modeler
lajry Wrote:Almost thought No. 7 was John Allen's Gorre & Daphetid. >)

No the G & D was more plausible.
Take a closer look at those viaducts, those arches would collapse if really made of stone and the height of all of them is just plain stupid.
John Allen would have studied his bridges more carefully, irrespective of type.
The Superman ones are just plain wrong. Nope
Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
Terrific, and those are just a drop in the bucket.
Neat stuff! Thanks for posting T. Applause Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
I remember at a steel modelers meeting in Philly about 10 years ago , the guest speaker/presenter was a retired modeler from the Smithsonian ......the modeling wasn't like these movie props but the work they did was varied and fascinating on models of all descriptions . We were envious .....most common question was " how do you get a job at the Smithsonian ?" ...... He was a lucky man to be getting paid for the hobby he loved .

T
Fun to see! Thanks!

Of course...your Ebbet's Field ranks among these in my opinion.
    I learned a lot on the Ebbetts project ....the brains behind all that was Mark Williams , an extraordinary modeler and craftsman .....and was hoping to be involved in further projects on Old Yankee Stadium as well as the Polo Grounds but it wasn't meant to be . The California buyer decided to stop at the one stadium .
teejay Wrote:[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]I learned a lot on the Ebbetts project ....the brains behind all that was Mark Williams , an extraordinary modeler and craftsman .....and was hoping to be involved in further projects on Old Yankee Stadium as well as the Polo Grounds but it wasn't meant to be . The California buyer decided to stop at the one stadium .

I remember following that project through your postings here, and it was and still is a mind blowing project, to conceive, design, plan, build and then transport across the US before final installation. It was quite an undertaking to say the least.
Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
Mark Williams was a retired tool and dye guy from Ford Motor Co. here in town . He utilized hundreds of pictures , determined the dimensions of the stadium from the pics and utilized design software and a laser cutter to make the thousands of pieces . Four other guys did the construction . The stadium came apart in three pieces so as to fit into the back of a truck and two of the guys drove out to California with it ( after the $$$ was collected Goldth ) and flew back . This was worth $150K .

T
Terry to you have any overall pics of the stadium with the infield installed?
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
No Mike , I have lots of pics but they are construction shots .......I'll have to see if Mark kept any pics of the completed stadium .
Ebbetts Field Cheers Remember it well. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Applause

" Dem Bums, Dem Beautiful Bums" !!!

:?: :?: What, :?: Wink You thought all those Brooklyn Dodger fans had passed on by now? Wink :mrgreen:
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!