Proto2000 gp38-2 88" low nose and cab
I'm looking for an HO scale p2k gp38-2 88" low nose and cab, preferably Burlington Northern green & black scheme but any 88" nose without the headlight would do.
I have the Kato SD 38-2 which has virtually no time running .....the mrr club I used to belong to had a more modern theme that my steam locos didn't fit into . But I left the club and the loco has been in the box ever since .Don't know if my loco would suit your needs ......it's United States Steel , double blue and white .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
I appreciate your response and help but I think I'm gonna pass, I definitely don't need a whole engine and I want to try to keep it to Proto parts just because it'll be an exact fit.
Guess I didn't read it closely enough ...thought you wanted the whole loco , my mistake .
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
If you can't locate one in BN paint I have one in CSX paint.

Bruce
At the risk of being a horrible rivet counter.... you're better off replacing it with a Cannon kit. Apparently, the P2K GP38-2 nose was improperly shaped, lacking the slope on the nose. If you have to get a new cab and nose, you can't go wrong with a Cannon part, though repainting things is unpleasant.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Not a problem TJ. Bruce if the nose you have doesn't have the headlight in the nose and is p2k I could probably use it. Green Elite, I tried using a cannon cab for my p2k helm engine and it didn't fit too well but I think I have a kit laying around and I'll double check it.
It's a PK2 without the headlight in the nose, has a ratchet style hand brake recessed in the conductors side and the cab has all the window glass. It does not have a horn.

Bruce
You're the man Bruce, always hookin me up. Pm me a price with shipping and payment details.
Rscott417 Wrote:Not a problem TJ. Bruce if the nose you have doesn't have the headlight in the nose and is p2k I could probably use it. Green Elite, I tried using a cannon cab for my p2k helm engine and it didn't fit too well but I think I have a kit laying around and I'll double check it.

It might pay to split the difference and use a cannon nose if it fits. Again, its a minor thing, it will definitely be easier to replace with a P2K part.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]