Atlas Snap Track Timesaver ISL Variations
You could do that 1x8 more justice and have better scenery if you build it in the Normal scale. Thumbsup Cheers
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
As if I had enough eyesight for HO. 35
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Funny how you hit the Big Five Oh and suddenly things arent in focus anymore, especially little stuff and tiny writing that you used to be able to read without a magnifying glass. :wait:

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
Mr Fixit Wrote:Funny how you hit the Big Five Oh and suddenly things arent in focus anymore, especially little stuff and tiny writing that you used to be able to read without a magnifying glass. :wait:

Mark

Some of us old goats can remove our glasses and still see the road name on a N Scale car.. I sold my N Scale because I thought my eyes was becoming weak and it turn out to be caused by a new pill I was taking. Wallbang

When I had my eyes check two weeks ago they are about the same as last year except there is a small cataract in my left eye.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
As my wife reminds me, at least I'm waking up. Cheers
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
I must have missed the BIG! 5 0 cause I am 71 and I can still see my Z scale cars. Applause Big Grin
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Catt Wrote:I must have missed the BIG! 5 0 cause I am 71 and I can still see my Z scale cars. Applause Big Grin

Maybe they are not Z scale cars but N scale and you forgot which scale you were modelling!

That's two problems right there, eye sight and forgetfulness. 35

Just kidding Catt. Crazy

Half your luck having such good eye sight.

Mark

That cat must have a hell of a crick in its neck by now or a very serious inner ear problem.
Brakie, over the years have you done a lot of driving with the window down and or professional driving?

The reason I ask this is because that cataract is most likely caused by sun light and sun glare entering your drivers side window and heading straight for your left eye.
I will explain; I came across a doco where a female researcher was taking photographs of UK truck drivers and comparing the left and right sides of their faces to show sun damage. Truck drivers tend to drive with the window down and not having the auto glass there, which blocks certain damaging wavelengths of sun light, meant that the drivers skin was ageing faster on the right side of their faces when compared to their left.

I speculate that if that same sunlight was damaging their skin, it follows that it was also damaging their right eye more than their left eye. Wrap around sunglasses are only fairly recent, so side exposure is still an issue.
Now this was dealing with exposure to UK strength sunlight, so extrapolate that for the sunlight where you live and if you drive with the steering wheel on the left it will be the left side of your face and left side of your left eye which receives greater sunlight exposure. For those of us Commonwealth countries that drive on the left of the road with our steering wheels on the right and who have greater amounts and strength of sunlight than the UK it is the right side of our faces and the right side of our right eye which must be monitored. Allowance must be made for how much outdoor activity and its type, ie sunlight and sun glare at the beach combined with water glare, particularly in Australia with its harsh sunlight and hole in the O-zone layer.

Mark