Rio - 2016 Olympics
Is anyone going to watch any of the Olympics??

I always try to watch the Opening and Closing Ceremonies.
My plan is to watch at least some of the swimming, archery, fencing, shooting and weightlifting.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
I'm sooo busy these days, I hope I have time!!!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
I will handle it like Sir Winston Churchill Wink
Reinhard
Not really, never have and can't say that we ever will. Just bummed out that it's bumping "America's Got Talent" for two weeks.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
faraway Wrote:I will handle it like Sir Winston Churchill Wink

How will you do that?

By sitting back in your pyjamas and dressing gown, with a large whiskey and a cigar, perhaps?

I started off by making a joke about faraway's comment and now I really need to know. Oh dear me. Nope

Please dont keep us in suspense too long faraway.

As for Rio, well all we seem to hear about is the appalling state of the Athletes Village accomodations, with dodgy wiring, water running out of light fittings, and overflowing toilets and sewerage in the streets. Not to mention reporters and camera men being robbed.

Nope

This is also the first Olympics since 1984 or 1988 where a mate of mine from school is Not competing in the rowing, so I have less invested in the Games.

The school where I work, named its sports grounds in Port Melbourne for an old boy, Australia's first Olympic Athlete, Edwin Flack who won the 1500 and 800 metres at the 1896 Athens Games.

Im looking forward to Tokyo already.

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
Mr Fixit Wrote:..... Please dont keep us in suspense too long faraway. ....

That becomes a surprising story. Sir Winston Churchill is very well know with the quotation "no sports please" in Germany. I assumed that quotation is well known worldwide.
I learned from (German) Google that the quotation is probable wrong and only known and frequently used in Germany.
Anyhow it is used here in Germany as a term to express a lack of interest in sport in general. In short " I don't care".
Reinhard