Weekly Photo Fun 9/16 - 9/22/16
WPMA-40 makes a pickup at Pier 34.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

First impressions of my caboose.

[Image: nw_caboosecg-46k.jpg]
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
I do admire your backdrop Bruce, and as per usual your work is very illuminating Bernhard.
A short video taken at the Club last Wednesday night.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrYZTofwIlM">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrYZTofwIlM</a><!-- m -->

Cheers, the Bear. Smile
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."
Bear, great video with this wide range of covered hoppers!
And thanks, the last steps for finishing of this caboose will follow, maybe also a small change of inner lighting.
Cheers, Bernd

You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Bernhard,
Know you spent some time making the lanterns but I'm drawn to the subtle weathering on your caboose.

Bear,
Thanks for taking the time to post your video, also like your weathering efforts on the hoppers. Have you taken any additional photos of your carfloat that you could post here?

Bruce
Thank you both for the kind words, however Bruce it is with some sense of shame that I must admit that the car ferry build has stagnated, and though I could offer some excuses, they would be rather pathetic. Actually my sad lack of progress has been mentioned on the other forum I’m a member of, so I think I’ll have to toughen up and get cracking again.
Here’s an old photo..... :oops:

Cheers, the Bear.
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."
Bear,

Thanks for the photo, I am always awed at the members here that have the patience and ability to follow thru and build models as you have done. Worship
Here's something that may be of interest to you. It's a pair of 38' buoy boats built for the Navy during WWII by the Mount Desert Yacht Yard in Maine.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

I barely had time to click the shutter on my camera as CNR J7C #5303 sped by as it crossed the Maitland River heading towards Lowbanks

[Image: 5303w044_zpssgcn28h5.jpg]
Nutbar, great photo of a great model!

Please let me give an idea for a bit more depth of field.
Try to go back from the object that you will shot and then use the zoom for enlarging the object again. Try to use the biggest distance for photographing where have enough space.
However I'm sure that you know this also already.
Cheers, Bernd

bdw9535 Wrote:Here's something that may be of interest to you. It's a pair of 38' buoy boats built for the Navy during WWII by the Mount Desert Yacht Yard in Maine.
:cry: Awww Geeee Bruce, I hope you're not trying to tempt me into another scratch build project!!!!!!! Crazy Nope
Actually I will grab that photo for future reference, while Athearn did have a boat as a flat car load, those are interesting and would be something different.
Cheers, the Bear. Smile
Bernhard---thank you,I sincerely appreciate your suggestions regarding the depth of field improvements.When I took this picture I was not happy with the overall effects but it reminded me of a photograph I saw in the past of a speeding Boston and Maine steam locomotive which showed the front of the locomotive in great detail but the remaining boiler,cab and tender were distorted due to the motion which I tried to capture in my shot.Again,thank you. Cheers

Here's the photograph by Jim Shaunghnessey from the book "The Call of Trains" that inspired my shot

[Image: 31ce345e-fbc1-4c6d-a950-a68b0996d46e_zpswhqu4qw7.jpg]
JaBear Wrote:I hope you're not trying to tempt me into another scratch build project!!!!!!!

I posted that for you and Sumpter250( haven't seen him post in some time )to see if it was of any interest to you two.

Bruce
bdw9535 Wrote:
JaBear Wrote:I hope you're not trying to tempt me into another scratch build project!!!!!!!

I posted that for you and Sumpter250( haven't seen him post in some time )to see if it was of any interest to you two.

Bruce

Hmmmmmmm 38' buoy boat.....40' flatcar....... Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Icon_twisted
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
It will be a while, have to complete the "Tern", first.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
cn nutbar Wrote:...
Here's the photograph by Jim Shaunghnessey from the book "The Call of Trains" that inspired my shot

[Image: 31ce345e-fbc1-4c6d-a950-a68b0996d46e_zpswhqu4qw7.jpg]

Nutbar, such a specific view can be consciously designed in order to receive a specific statement, of course! I think this ought to be "speed" and "power" in this case. And it lies absolutely in your hand to design your photographs after your personal intention! And I think that this a good and impressive picture!
Cheers, Bernd