Air brush compressor
I dug through the many things that have been packed up for over a year now and found my air brush compressor. I've used it a few times and it's a nice little unit. I've seen the same one on sale on the Internet for $89.99, not that I think someone would get that since you can buy a new one for that price, but I am willing to sell mine for $35.00 to any Big Blue member that can use it. I did not find my air brushes though or I'd offer those for sale as well. As you can see, this compressor has a regulator and a filter.

Shipping weight will be no more than 10 pounds. It will fit into a 12 x 12 x 5 1/2 Priority Mail box, 2-day delivery for $18.75.

Again, I'm offering this at Big Blue first, so let me know if you want it. Price is: $35.00 plus shipping.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Don - I'd jump at it, but I think shipping to UK would be prohibitive. (and on second thoughts it is probably 110v and not 220v(UK voltage)
shortliner Wrote:Don - I'd jump at it, but I think shipping to UK would be prohibitive. (and on second thoughts it is probably 110v and not 220v(UK voltage)

Yup, you're right, all those things. Thanks anyway Big Grin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Hi Don,

I'm interested if you can find an airbrush to go with it, and that shipping to Canada is not too expensive. If I recall, there is a flat rate for boxes to Canada as well as internally to the States.

Andrew
MasonJar Wrote:Hi Don,

I'm interested if you can find an airbrush to go with it, and that shipping to Canada is not too expensive. If I recall, there is a flat rate for boxes to Canada as well as internally to the States.

Andrew
I'll look, I know I've got a couple of airbrushes, one kit is still in the box it came in, unused. I'll look and let you know. I'll also check on the cost of shipping to Canada.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
The lowest cost for postage to Canada would be by Priority Mail, 6-8 days @ $59.95 US.. regular ground service would be close to twice that. Not too practical, plus if I add an airbrush, we might me talking a bigger box and more shipping costs. Your call....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Yikes! Thanks for checking, but I'm going to have to pass too. Sad

Andrew
MasonJar Wrote:Yikes! Thanks for checking, but I'm going to have to pass too. Sad

Andrew
I figured as much, don't blame you, by the time you add in the shipping costs to Canada, you're up to the cost of a new one. Shipping to the US is a fraction of that.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Well, after going through drawers that I haven't been in for a while, I found a couple of airbrushes. I'll throw them in at no added price. They aren't the most expensive ones, but they work fine and do include hoses, fittings and about six quick change bottles.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Do you still have this for sale? I'm thinking about upgrading from my old testors compressor. It would be nice to be able to regulate the air pressure.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:Do you still have this for sale? I'm thinking about upgrading from my old testors compressor. It would be nice to be able to regulate the air pressure.
Yup, still have it. It does regulate to 2 CFM @ 30 PSI, it is not adjustable, just regulated, but the brushes have adjustable air flow and patterns. I wanted to make sure of that before I responded. And yes, I did find a "quick change" airbrush that I've used before along with 5 bottles and some air tubing with fittings and a second one that I don't think I used. It has a paint bottle, air tubing, fittings and a wrench.

I'll let the whole package go for $40 including the compressor and both brushes with all the stuff I just mentioned. It probably will come in a bit over 10# for shipping but still should fit into a 12 x 12 x 5 1/2" priority mail box so there shouldn't be any difference in shipping costs.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Been thinking about the wisdom of selling this, especially since I found the airbrushes. My reason for selling it is that we are planning on downsizing again and I'm not sure what the future holds for my modeling. I think I'm going to hold on to it until we actually move and I can see if I have any space to use it in. I do want to get back into modeling, even if it means a small layout or even just some dioramas, I haven't done anything for over a year now because of our moving around plus having to look after my wife. Running trains doesn't excite me as much as building models does so let's hope our new place has room for me to do what I want to do.

Thanks for your interest, I'll let you know if I want to offer it for sale again.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I understand your thoughts on downsizing as I've gone through it myself ......reduced my 500 running feet of steel mill layout to a 3 1/2 x 10 foot point to point . There is a lot of extra rolling stock and structures to deal with, but just the change itself is a shocker . In my case , with my wife ailing , and the probability of selling the house sooner than later , it was the right decision and I really don't regret it .....I figure I am allowed to grouse about it every so often , though . Goldth If we have to go to an apartment , I'll have to change again but the difference won't be as dramatic ....might simply build models or dioramas with a mrring theme .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Don't worry about it! I've been exploring several options and I may have found a more readily available option in the meantime.

Better to hold onto your equipment until you know what you might need.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:Don't worry about it! I've been exploring several options and I may have found a more readily available option in the meantime.

Better to hold onto your equipment until you know what you might need.
I'm basically in the same boat as Teejay, not knowing where we'll be, but knowing that we can't stay here and we have to downsize. We've been making choices on a lot of what we own, getting rid of things through yard sales, selling on the Internet, giving it to charities, throwing it in the trash and just plain doing what we need to thin things down. Our new mantra is, "if we need it where we go, then we'll buy a new one"... I shed a tear when I see one of my woodworking tools go out the door, but I know I won't have room for it, and if I do have room, I remember our mantra. Still, some things have been with you long enough that you have a special bond with them and there's no way, at any price, no matter its size, will you let go of it. For example, my table saw may have to double as a dining room table :o or a guest bed, :o :o but it goes with us. 357
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and