Teejay : get off your duff challenge
I did manage to find a pic to give me some ideas

Attached Files Image(s)

To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
I did manage to get the boom down ....model is so doggone fragile and I don't use much glue . I'm glad I didn't wire it up beforehand or I wouldn't have been able to lower the boom . Being that this is a well used shovel , I doubt it would have been disassembled for transporting .

Attached Files Image(s)

Great looking shovel T. !
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Looking at pictures of tanks on flat cars, it seems that blocking the track is common practice. There also appear to be cables or chains securing higher parts of the body. One interesting image had what appears to be wood guides nailed to the deck with uprights in the pockets (to ensure the equipment is properly centred side to side?).

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://militarymashup.com/mmu_get_jpeg.php?1f295fde7c103c987952f08715244da2b">http://militarymashup.com/mmu_get_jpeg. ... 715244da2b</a><!-- m -->

Andrew
Tanks , Andrew Goldth

T
Teejay,

Do a search for AAR flatcar loading, it gives some good basic info on how far from the brake heel you should be left clear how many tie downs and wheel blocking. You do not need to follow it exactly but it does look better then the equipment sitting there be held by gravity.

Looking good keep it up!!
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/
Lots of ideas on Google images for that topic , Greg , I saved a bunch of pics ......good man !

T
teejay Wrote:Tanks , Andrew Goldth

T

Hahaha. Makes me wish we had a like button... Thumbsup
I have been plugging away but mostly on the blue foam mountains that will be situted behind the warehouse site and will be removable . What a mess the foam is to cut and carve but I have to use it up since I bought the stuff .

I made a couple of clerestory windows for the building and they are not glued down yet ....not sure if I like them , maybe too big ? Not sure . I'll think about it . I have to run the cables / thread on the steam shovel before I can call it finished and I'm not looking forward to that . very tedious .

I see some blemishes on the one window that will need attention . Windows and doors are in .....none came with the building so I had to scrounge and fit ....no glass yet .

It's coming along !
We don't buildings with those type of windows around here so I have nothing to compare them to but they look OK to me.
Mike

Things are and will continue to be on hold for the forseeable future .......major health issues and I'm trying to get answers . Sorry .

T
No need to be sorry T. This is just a hobby, life is way more important. Take care of your health issues, the hobby will still be here when you have time for it again. Best wishes for a speedy resolution!
Mike