Scratch built locomotive 1860 steam
I want to model this locomotive in O or HO. I'm a total novice. So, O or HO? And HELP!!!! You can see more on the blogs thread under Oregon Pony. [Image: 4ed777f0f3ad2f9c0d1fccc5410994b1.jpg][Image: 9627e56d13f46a5ec83c8a2dd8579623.jpg][Image: c1bfac6bc1e2b2fa77e026b97049c658.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It would be close to impossible to hide the motor if you use one of the two axle drives from NWSL in H0 scale. I think 0 scale would be a better starting point for that kind of engine. Good luck and let us know how you proceed.
Reinhard
NWSL's Stanton drive might work, if you can find drivers small enough and using the same size axle...perhaps at Greenway?

Wayne
Neat looking "critter"!

Since it sounds as though you only want to model the engine rather than incorporate it into an existing layout (which would dictate the scale), I think O is your best best. Lots of detail possible in O, and lots of parts available.

Looking forward to seeing your progress! Thumbsup
MountainMan Wrote:Neat looking "critter"!

Since it sounds as though you only want to model the engine rather than incorporate it into an existing layout (which would dictate the scale), I think O is your best best. Lots of detail possible in O, and lots of parts available.

Looking forward to seeing your progress! Thumbsup
. Thanks to all for your comments. I thought I'd attempt few of the buildings along the 6 miles of track it worked. O for now and maybe HO later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk