Freelance 2017-1
This is what I see on my screen from the original post and your quote. Strange.

Translation: This Photo is not any longer available.

[Image: 32090459200_08f2b354aa.jpg]Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-22 um 23.33.25 by faraway52, on Flickr
Reinhard
I don't wee the photos either. But my message shows up in English, not German.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Ancient Sumerian here...but still no photo. 8-)
I can't see he photos in the thread. If I click on the red link, it appears.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
That is a mystery.
The photo got stored in Flickr and added to the web side when I created the append on 1/17. The photo had some poor colors at that time. I went into Flickr and improved the colors and replaced the original photo with the edited with the same name etc. After that did I go back to BB to see the new photo but I saw the old one only. I assume the old one was still in my browser cache. I could not find another way to see the new one than to empty the cache with all cookies, passwords etc. I did not that and left it alone.

I assume some of us like me have the old version in the cache and Flickr has some kind of difference between the old and the new photo that disturbs the browser. Those of us that never looked at the old photo have no problems.
Reinhard
I'm not seeing the photos either. Like David, if I click on the red link they do appear.

Bruce
Bruce
Don't see a "red link" in Reinhard's post.
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
ATSF/LAJ Ry Fan & Modeler
An older building is reused to fill the gap left by the crane removed last week. The impression of a closed industrial yard is what I was looking for. The coil cars will be prototypical unloaded behind the roller gate in the building.

[Image: 32404720791_24405a61e9_c.jpg]IMG_5333 by faraway52, on Flickr
Reinhard
I love your work, that looks superb.

The mix of different materials in the construction of scenes is of particular interest to me, as you always succeed at blending them together in such a way that they seem part of a whole.

That's a surprisingly difficult skill to master, but master it you have. Smile
Thanks a lot Daniel.

I have two LifeLike NS GP38-2. Nice models running fine. Problem is that I prefer the modern paint scheme with the horse head and the white area around the fron number boards. The white air condition on the cab is a nice feature too.
Two unused Athearn RTR IND GP38-2 shells are the perfect spender. Work is in progress. The completed shell will be put on Trainman drives and get the Tsunami sound decoders from the Lifelike engines if the final quality justifies the swap . The current status is mixed because I did not strip the red shells on the balcony due to the cold weather. Painting with the rattle can around the freezing point is a risky business too. Some white paint looked like sour milk and had to be cleaned up. I used white decals instead. Some grab irons are removed to apply the decals. Putting them back in the tiny holes is a process with uncertain results.

May be I should strip some unused shells in the summer and store them for further projects in the cold season.

[Image: 32459906462_5020421204_c.jpg]IMG_5344 by faraway52, on Flickr
Reinhard
The NS GP38-2 made of Indiana RR Athearn RTR shells and Trainman drives with Tsunami 2 sound decoders are complete.

[Image: 31790719154_af771d5354_c.jpg]IMG_5348 by faraway52, on Flickr
Reinhard
Playing with my new toy

[Image: 31793383384_f0396ef067_c.jpg]IMG_5353 by faraway52, on Flickr
[Image: 31793383004_f0f8ae7469_c.jpg]IMG_5351 by faraway52, on Flickr
Reinhard
May be I do something with lightweight bulk loads next
(don't worry, nothing has been destroyed, it is just moved under the layout)

[Image: 32265593630_8acd077983_c.jpg]IMG_5354 by faraway52, on Flickr
Reinhard
I am inspired from Daniel's technique building his structures with foam board as abase for Clever Models images.
Paper laminated foam board might be suitable too.
https://www.architekturbedarf.de/cardboa...0-x-100-cm
The first test is done with 5mm/.2" board. I got 3mm board too. It is a real pleasure to work with it. It can be cut with a knife easy. The dealer recommends special foam board glue but it looks like fast setting white glue works fine too. At least does it not melt the foam board and holds he laminated paper well.

[Image: 32652295695_d762f6403d_c.jpg]IMG_5357 by faraway52, on Flickr
Reinhard
Your use of foam board looks real good Reinhard. Going to have to try that on some of my backdrops. In fact, will have some buildings "come out" of the backdrop. Would you think painting the doorways black or adding "interior" photos make the buildings look better?
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
ATSF/LAJ Ry Fan & Modeler