We need your feedback, all of you...
I have to go with the idea for making it easier to upload pics here also. I hate to have to reduce the size of my pictures to post them. It sometimes takes a bit of guessing to get them below the 250 mark. Is there a way that the website could do this automatically when you are uploading them?
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
I only hope that whatever changes you make, don't force me to go through the experiences I have been through just to get back here, even if it did require a completely different screen name to do it. Using my original "sumpter250" would not work on any computer, after the one I regularly used, died. Please be careful. Thumbsup Wink
Look at it this way - you guys are the experts - I'll go with whatever you come up with! - and thanks for all your hard work!
Its been ages since I tried uploading pics so I decided to try uploading a few photos, its still a multi-step process but not terribly complicated, actually far simpler than on many other forums. As can be seen I was allowed to upload a max of 5 pics. The size limit is still 250 KB which I found pretty generous...especially compared to some other sites that limit size to 150 or 180 KB. So at this point I's say that the only thing that might be worth changeing is get some sort of simpler process to upload multiple photos in one go.

Genetk44 Wrote:...get some sort of simpler process to upload multiple photos in one go.

Well, I'm glad that you went to the trouble of posting those five photos, as they're certainly well-worth sharing.

Very nicely-done! Applause Applause Applause

Wayne
Thanks Wayne..I figured I might as well use some forum-appropriate shots. And just to be clear, only 2 of those shots are of my models...the other 3 are somebody elses modelling.
Hello all, ezDays, is there any way that the default font size could be made larger, or is there a way for me to increase the font size for me alone? My pages look like legal documents that car dealers really don't want you to read.  I have enlarged the page to read the posts but they look netter to me  with a larger font. Currently I am viewing the font at size 1 and I would like it to be at least size 3 but size 5 is really nice.  I use a magnifying visor to model but hoping I don't need it to read the messages.  Sorry to bitch, just hoping we can make us old farts read a little easier.
Regards
Charlie 
I don't have trouble reading the "stock" type-size, but do like the looks of bigger type.  If it were possible for users to permanently select a type-size (we can do so when replying to another post or creating a new one, but when we go to reply or start another post, the font size needs to be selected again).

Perhaps it could be an option like Big Blue Light and Big Blue Dark, where you could select your preferred font-size, and it would always be available without having to be re-selected every time you're here. 

Option 4 isn't bad, but I too like Option 5 even better. 

The size seems to better-suit photos, too, as it's more in-scale to the size of photos usually posted here.  The smaller font size is easily overlooked when used as a caption, especially if it's under a decent-size photo.

Wayne
Well, for starters, the font size I see in the composition window and all posts are around 12 pt. One thing you can do to enlarge your type is to hold down <ctrl> while you roll your mouse wheel forward. Roll back to decrease. That works on most web pages. Usually, if you set it large for one page, all other pages at other sites will also become larger. It should remain that way even after you've closed and reopened your browser. If you don't have a scroll wheel, you still can do it using <ctrl> and the + and - buttons.

Try that and see if it doesn't help. Let us know one way or the other.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
(01-12-2020, 06:06 AM)ezdays Wrote: Well, for starters, the font size I see in the composition window and all posts are around 12 pt. One thing you can do to enlarge your type is to hold down <ctrl> while you roll your mouse wheel forward. Roll back to decrease. That works on most web pages. Usually, if you set it large for one page, all other pages at other sites will also become larger. It should remain that way even after you've closed and reopened your browser. If you don't have a scroll wheel, you still can do it using <ctrl> and the + and - buttons.

Try that and see if it doesn't help. Let us know one way or the other.

I have used the control key and plus but that increases every thing. It's not a big deal, but I agree with Wayne on the larger size with photos. I have overlooked many captions. 
I really would just like to be able to view with a larger font. 
Charlie
I'll talk to Pat (duffy) and see what options we have. There may be a plug-in that allows this. You are right, using ctrl does increase everything on the page and for every site. Still, the way I have my browser set up, all the default fonts are fine, and my eyes are not the best. I've got mag lights all over the place and grumble every time I have to read the directions on a medicine bottle.  Icon_e_surprised 

I'll get back to you. We weren't aware that this was a problem, so thanks for bringing it up.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
(01-12-2020, 10:54 AM)ezdays Wrote: I'll talk to Pat (duffy) and see what options we have. There may be a plug-in that allows this. You are right, using ctrl does increase everything on the page and for every site. Still, the way I have my browser set up, all the default fonts are fine, and my eyes are not the best. I've got mag lights all over the place and grumble every time I have to read the directions on a medicine bottle.  Icon_e_surprised 

I'll get back to you. We weren't aware that this was a problem, so thanks for bringing it up.

It probably isn't a problem for everyone but I find I am having trouble with smaller print. I can still read it but it is getting to be harder.  I have bifocals, but the reader section make me come too close to the screen and the other section sends me too far.  It may also be a side effect of the medicine I wish I didn't have to take.  I know there are drawbacks to aging, but it beats the other alternative  Icon_lol. Really though, don't make Duffy work too hard.
Talked to Pat, he said he'll look to see if there's a way to add a font size using your profile, such as with a plug-in. Still, I think the best way for now is the, ctrl +/- (or scroll wheel). I've got my browser set to where the forum takes up the entire screen with no borders and I rarely have to change it when I go to other web sites. Sometimes, even with that setting, the fonts are too small to read. Some web page designers have no mercy on us old folk.... Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I was doing a little private research on this matter and it seems we are not the only ones that want a bigger font size as the default. The font size may actually be smaller with the newest version of the software.
Charlie
(01-13-2020, 08:35 AM)Charlie B Wrote: The font size may actually be smaller with the newest version of the software.
Charlie

Maybe it's an energy conservation thing where it takes less electricity for the smaller fonts.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)