misspelled reading gondola.
Hey folks,, I looking for prototype photos of a Reading gondola, I think it's a gon... But it left the paint shop with the company name spelled wrong printed in large letters right there on the side for all to see. I believe they reversed the ''d'' and ''n'' in the logo , and I'm not sure if it was done like that on both sides. I think it rode around like that for a while, as I have seen a few pics of the offending car . But of course, now that I am planning to model said car, I can't find any Nope Nope Nope Nope .

If you have any pics, or any info on the car let me know, or just post them here. Thanks a bunch for the help.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Wow, that was a serious spelling mistake. My guess is that more than a few people got their butts kicked for allowing that car to be released into general service, not to mention staying out in service dressed like that. :oops:
Usual story though, someone was rushing and didnt bother to lay out his work and check the spelling BEFORE spraying the paint on.
Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
I got this sent to be today from one of the Vice President, Managing Editor, Chief Mechanical officer, and also in guy charge of the archives of the ARHS. Mr. Richard Jahn, He's a man of many hats and all around nice guy. Photo credits are on the pic.

I finished up my model of this car a few days ago, This 65 foot car dwarfs most of my other equipment, as most other cars are only 40 footers. I did back date this car a bit to fit into my mid 40's to early 50's layout.

Nice job! Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
That's great! Nice job!!! Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
I just realized I can do this car in all 3 scales that I model in.

E-paw my opinion of your car. Thumbsup Thumbsup
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Thanks all, it was a fun build.
Did you think to get a photo to the guy who found the original ?
Les
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/">http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/</a><!-- m --> Check it out
http://www.youtube.com/lesterperry/
I showed it to him in person. Rich is a good friend of mine, and VP of the ARHS. We meat up fairly regularly at Steamtown for our restoration sessions. He has even Appeared in many of my photos in my thread on the subject.
As seen here through the cab window of our Fa-2 that is being rebuilt. He is a wealth of info on tons of railroad related subjects and a man of great patience and tact.