BNSF Red?
I need to get a paint to match the BNSF red on the ex Santa Fe Units. I cant find a "BNSF Red" in Floquil/Polly Scale or Badger Paints. Anyone ever used a red to match the BNSF red and Silver paint scheme? If ya did, what color red did you use?

[Image: SL372572.jpg]

thanks in advance
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
I found it Misngth Icon_lol
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
BNSF red? isn't it the same red ATSF was using?
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Um, yeah, that would be ATSF Super Fleet Red. Don't disgrace that color by putting BNSF in front of it.

Actually i have nothing against BNSF, I was just a huge fan of the Santa Fe.

Dave
-Dave
Puddlejumper Wrote:Um, yeah, that would be ATSF Super Fleet Red. Don't disgrace that color by putting BNSF in front of it.

Dave

Those are some fancy units. I've always been a Conrail guy, but my grandparents bought me train DVDs, and only two of the dvds (it was a set of like, 20 or so) were east of Chicago, so just about everything is ATSF/BNSF. I watched "ATSF Memories", and i almost wanted to got out and get some ATSF Dash-8s and SD75s.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Puddlejumper Wrote:Um, yeah, that would be ATSF Super Fleet Red. Don't disgrace that color by putting BNSF in front of it.

Dave

Icon_lol Dave Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
At the risk of offending some BN fans, I think the management of BNSF is going out of their way to try to cut all ties to the Santa Fe. If I had been running that merger I would have done like the DRGW did when they bought S.P. before the U.P. buyout. DRGW bought the S.P., but the new merged railroad was called the S.P. When BN merged with the Santa Fe, they should have dropped the BN!