Old Steamers
    This thread was last posted on June 20 2018. I have very little DCC so it looks like I will be alone here.

Going with the old steamer thread title I put an old steamer in here. How about a picture of an old brass kit of a C&O Allegany. It is so old no one has ever completed it. This includes me. Someday someone will want to complete this.  
frank

Attached Files Image(s)

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!

American Train and Track, AT&T, RDC's by Tri-Ang.
TopTrain:
I've wondered how much the TriAng cars were altered for AT&T. I think they had NMRA couplers, but did they change the wheels?
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
This is a remain of my boyhood:

[Image: dsc01299i5jm7.jpg]
Märklin BR23 which i got as christmas gift 1960.

Later when i said good bye to the Märklin 3-Rail AC System of my childhood, this loco was converted to 2-Rail DC by isolating the wheels of one side and adding wipers. It also was upgraded, but has still the huge flanges which were then common even with 2-Rail.

Lutz
Varney made a lot of old steam locomotives. I have a few. The Reading Consolidation is one. 
frank

Another early Varney steamer is the 

A very early Varney set with the 0-4-0t, a gondola, a flat car and a caboose. This set uses a early type coupler much alike to the early Fleischmann or Inyernational Model products type of hook and loupe.
frank

Another Gilbert #151 NYC Hudson. Missing its smoke unite in the tender. This one runs and looks nice. I'll tinker with it and get it running well. I got it at my last trip to the Golden Nugget flea market I touched it up a little and got it running. I found the little station at the flea market on the same day.
frank