Anyone care to "fess up"?
So, I was looking in my work room for a project box (which I still haven't found) and I noticed that among the "way too many" screwdrivers and hammers, I have 5 flashlights.

I was talking to my boss a few weeks ago and he said that he found another tape measure of his, from Harbor Freight, that makes 5 he has.

Anyone care to confess how many backup tools you have other than screwdrivers? (everyone has way too many screwdrivers) Goldth Goldth

I have 8 flashlights and 6 scissors scattered around the house.
........ or should that be: Strategically placed? Icon_lol
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
I bought two of each intentionally over the time. All others are the result of the well known tools mating season in early spring .....
Reinhard
I have at least 6 tape measures varying from 6 to 50 feet and at least a dozen flashlights.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Tape measures? Well, I can probably count about six 25-footers, a couple of 30-footers a 50' one and one that goes out to 100'. Screwdrivers are a different story, I can't tell you how many I have, they range from small jewelers, (at least three sets) to hamungo-sized Craftsman in both flat and cross point. I have some in my desk, some in cases (one was my field service case that I still keep the other from my hobby bench that I threw away when we moved) a few in our vehicle and a bunch in my tool case that I'll keep in the garage when we get a garage. Meters, I've got two in my desk, one in our vehicle, one in my service case and a couple somewhere in storage. Yes, I am a tool junkie and probably need therapy, but I've been collecting for a long time and can't remember throwing any hand tools away.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Since I've only been a homeowner 13 months, not too much yet! But, yes, there are screwdrivers in the basement, kitchen, and garage...
I have at least 400 pounds of back up tools stashed away in my company truck. I think it's where old tools go to die.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
How about the dozens of Allen Keys that come with Ikea and other flat pack furniture?
Ron Wm. Hurlbut
Toronto, Ontario, Dominion of Canada
Ontario Narrow Gauge Show
Humber Valley & Simcoe Railway Blog
Sets of hex-shank drill bits with the smallest and/or the 1/8" bit broken.
SWMBO won't let me tape the appropriate Allen key to the furniture it goes with.
I am acquiring a bunch of soldering irons, most with slightly deformed tips.
7 vernier calipers: one metal and a packet of 6 in plastic.

Then all the tools that I know I have, but can't locate today...
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
I thought this was a normal human modeler's condition?

I haven't got any real clue, since my wife has different hobbies and therefore her own set of tools, and she is also a very good mechanic, so many specialized tools are lurking in dark corners and airless spaces where I refuse to go. And then I have all of mine... :?