Do you still have a land line?
landline ? landline? I haven't seen a landline since 2005 and that was my last day of work..Its hard to believe I'm 69 and been retired 17 years.
I have cordless phone and gave up my cell..
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Still have the land line for many of the reasons already mentioned, plus it has "enhanced 911" that automatically identifies the source of the call even if you don't say anything.
Mike - They share the same phone. I have told them repeatedly that if they squabble I will take it away. 357

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
My landline is copper and doesn't require the power to be on to work. My landline phone is hard wired as well so no power required for it either. Out here in the country the landline is very alive and well. Do to the unreliability of a cell (quits working every time the power goes out or the cell tower has any other kind of problems) I don't see the landline ever going away out here.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Good parenting Tom. Tell them that there's night stands that don't have cell phones.

And for that matter, when we were growing up, tables were made out og formica! Icon_lol
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Mike - funny you should mention formica. My kitchen table is out right now getting a formica top. It was a painted table and I'm getting it covered to match the new counter in the kitchen.

Tm

LOL Tom!!!
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Brakie Wrote:landline ? landline? I haven't seen a landline since 2005 and that was my last day of work..Its hard to believe I'm 69 and been retired 17 years.
I have cordless phone and gave up my cell..
Well, I think a cordless phone is considered a landline if it plugs into the wall somewhere. We have up to five cordless phones where the main one plugs into the wall. And yes, the main one has the message recorder and does require power to run. I had a bunch of old phones that didn't require power. I finally gave them away to Goodwill since I couldn't even sell them for a few dollars as antiques at any of our yard sales. Nope

Anyone remember the dial phone???? Or the pay phone????
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
ezdays Wrote:the pay phone????
That's why we don't see Superman any more

Tom

We have gone to a StraightTalk Land line, which isn't a land line but regular phones work with it. It works off cell towers and for 16 bucks and change we can call anywhere in the country and talk forever, and if you have the right adapter for 12v you can plug it into your car and take it with you. Folks that have done this say it has a better range than a pocket cell because it has an external antenna, you just have to take a regular phone to plug into it. We even got a deal on a reconditioned receiver at the time we signed on. I have used it for a year and I am very happy with it. Charlie