Weekly Photo Fun 7/7 - 7/13/17
WPMA-29 at Whiskey Point.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

I've recently had some problems with posting pictures using photobucket---I thought it was just me but I've seen other comments where many others are having similar concerns.Hopefully my photo will post,if not looks like my days with photobucket might be over

[Image: P1290983_zpsrcfuiucz.jpg]
You have the same problem as most PB customers this time. The photo is not displayed until you upgrade your account or move your data. Do not worry there are some thousand upset PB customers.
Reinhard
Thanks Reinhard---my PB storage indicates only 12% used so far so I was surprised when I got cut off Eek I think viewers can still see my picture if they click on the notice replacing the actual photo
No way. I get the same graphic shown on the PB site. I can see PB photos only if go to PB itself. Did you see the price they area asking for? I assume they want to get rid of all hobby users.
I have been a longtime member of PB and payed a fair annual bonus to be free of advertisement. PB got slower and slower over the time and it had technical problems with Mac users. I cancelled to paid user account and felt back to standard, All photos got published via Flickr since then.
I cancelled the free PB account yesterday too. PB got crazy.

ps. I did always keep the files on my computer and on my backup medias. The online host services got only copies. That was true for PB and ist true for Flickr.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/06/pho...-charging/
Reinhard
My first attempt at taking a photo for this thread on Friday went poorly. I was chasing a train through East Stroudsburg , got into a good location for a shot and,,,,,,,, no train, just some wildlife.

Well at least a trip to Bethlehem a little later proved to be more fruitful.

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
cn nutbar Wrote:I've recently had some problems with posting pictures using photobucket---I thought it was just me but I've seen other comments where many others are having similar concerns.Hopefully my photo will post,if not looks like my days with photobucket might be over

[Image: P1290983_zpsrcfuiucz.jpg]
Ed, incase the page displays different for you, this is what I am getting from your post after clicking and going to their site.     Charlie
I get the same as Charlie, but if I click on the "NEXT" arrow, I get somebody's photo of what appears to be a subway train, although running above ground.

If you have a free photobucket account, you can no longer link photos to a third party site.
I have a basic paid account, and can link photos until December 31, 2018, as long as my subscription is up to date. After that, since I won't be paying the $400.00 subscription renewal, most of my photos will disappear, except the few here which were done as attachments. I may go through some of my how-to threads and redo them with attachments, but I've been through that one before. 35
Anybody with a free account can upgrade to a paid one, but not for the former price, and only the Plus 500 subscription allows third party hosting.

Wayne
I scrolled back to one of my old posting from 2015 "Re: Weekly Photo Fun 2/20 - 2/26/15". My photos had been stored in PB at that time and they are also replaced by the nasty sign from PB now. We are loosing a lot of old forum photos here and in many other forums too.
Reinhard
As i quitted to use photobucket a couple of years ago, this should be visible:

[Image: dsc0212929u49.jpg]
hosted by: abload.de

Lutz
The Sunday switcher has two extra axes. This Athearn RTR SD40-2 is one of the few that run quite nice in my ears. It got an older Tsunami 1 sound decoder today.

Lutz, yes it's visible.

[Image: 34973327944_fb17c654c9_o.jpg]
Reinhard
Guys...Photobucket changed their terms of service a few days ago without warning. Basically they have disconnected all links from your photos in Photobucket to any photos you have posted in other locations, including any photos you posted to forums,newsgroups etc., in the past. The only way toget things back is to pay them $400.US annually. Needless to say this action by Photobucket has virtually destroyed years of work over thousands of forums,blogs,newsgroups and online sites includeing Amazon,Ebay,Etsy etc. Just Google Photobucket in the news for the full fiasco. Meanwhile, you might want to consider retreiving your pics off Photobucket...if you still can.
Hello,

because it is so nice, a second photo from me:

[Image: dsc02079yzo3j.jpg]
A.T.& S.F.R.R. #91 is rolling into Eddylaine. Remember it's the 1870's and remember the sign pictured on my first photo Wink
Lutz, that is a real wayback machine. I have for this weeks contribution one of the Capitol Limited, westbound near East Palestine, It was almost 10 hours late due to an engine fire somewhere on CSX before Connellsville is all I know. CSX added help and that was changed to a NS locomotive at Pittsburgh. There were 4 private cars tacked on the rear that made up for the head end.         Charlie
Jim Thorpe , PA Last Saturday. This was taken just before Toptrain and I took a 26 mile bike trip down the Lehigh on some X-CNJ trackage.

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew