Sillyness
Sometimes I have too much free time and too many spare parts1 Icon_lol This is G gauge and is used on a push button layout for the kids down at the museum. The cab is from a LGB Porter, the drive is out of a LGB self propelled tender, the boiler is from a Lionel 0-27 tank car. The cowcatcher was scratchbuilt by Rob Watson a friend who also works at the museum. The other things like the smoke stack, steam whistle, air horns, muffler, exhaust pipe and other details are from the junk box or scratched. It runs very well but because it's used on a push button layout it has to be DC and does not have sound. We call it a stesiel ! Eek Goldth

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
So what you're saying is that it's really a prototype Crazy ....Yeah, that took time and a lot of talent and I'll bet, a lot of fun doing... Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Looks like a fun thing Mike, we need more of this kind of builds.
Charlie
Thanks guys! Charlie here is a doodle bug type built on a Thomas the Tank engine drive. Thomas was dropped on the floor and the body was busted but the drive still worked so........... Icon_lol The body was a Lionel O-27 Pennsy heavyweight observation car with a bunch of detail parts from the scrap box. This was posted here awhile back I think.

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

The doodlebug is really something. What gauge is the track, I am assuming it is O 3 rail....My kid (51 yrs old and avid Lionel collector) will like this.
Charlie
Sorry Charlie, I shoulda said it is Lionel 3-rail O gauge. Here are a few more O gauge 3 railer's. These are all transformer controlled with no sound, some have working headlights.

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

Well Mike, I think you are very entertaining. The kids would get a real bang out of these at a show Wink
Charlie
As I said before Charlie it's just a case of too much free time and too many junk parts!
Icon_lol
Mike

Tyson Rayles Wrote:As I said before Charlie it's just a case of too much free time and too many junk parts!
Icon_lol
They say that too much free time can be a dangerous thing, I'm not sure if you've proved or disproved that theory... :geek:

Really great and entertaining.... Cheers
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Some great ideas there. Too much of anything can be bad for you.
However, I don't think that pertains to scratchbuilding Smile Big Grin Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Thanks guys. Mikey I think this is really more bashing than scratching! Eek Crazy Icon_lol
Mike