My biggest layout to date
I think I'll put a farm here.
[Image: IMG_2968.jpg]

Poof. Farm.
[Image: IMG_3019.jpg]

I think I'll put a little English town here and call it Lilliput Lane.
[Image: IMG_2967.jpg]

Poof. Town.
[Image: IMG_3118.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3122.jpg]

The creek will eventually get water but I can't pour it until I get the fascia on and I'm not ready for that yet. I'm not real sure where the edge will be just yet and I only want to do it once.
I think I'll spray some rocks here.
[Image: IMG_2484.jpg]

...and then give them time to expand and cure...
[Image: IMG_2488.jpg]

...then use my tallest and longest cars to cut and check for clearances...
[Image: IMG_2493.jpg]

...then spend hours and hours carving and applying paint... Poof... rocks.
[Image: IMG_3124.jpg]

This area is now ready for some greenery and real rocks for talus.
I'm trying to gracefully disguise a way for the trains to exit the scene without the, as my son says, "abrupt hole in reality."
[Image: IMG_3117.jpg]

It's a work in progress.
Thumbsup Cheers Applause
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Great job, you are very talented
Charlie
(02-17-2018, 06:51 PM)TrainNut Wrote: At some point, I think I want to focus in on the transition era.  I've got everything from old steam to modern bullet trains and the mix is starting to annoy me a little.  
Harbor is coming along.  Still lots of work to do.  That container loader is gonna have to go someday.  
WoodOne... There is that fire engine you built for me a long time ago!
[Image: File_Aug_31_7_57_57_PM.jpg]
Well I don’t see any photos?
Am I doing something wrong on my end?
Been a while that I have been here.
(05-29-2018, 06:15 PM)woodone Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 06:51 PM)TrainNut Wrote: At some point, I think I want to focus in on the transition era.  I've got everything from old steam to modern bullet trains and the mix is starting to annoy me a little.  
Harbor is coming along.  Still lots of work to do.  That container loader is gonna have to go someday.  
WoodOne... There is that fire engine you built for me a long time ago!
[Image: File_Aug_31_7_57_57_PM.jpg]
Well I don’t see any photos?
Am I doing something wrong on my end?
Been a while that I have been here.

Yeah, it seems like his photo hosting site is temporarily not available or has closed....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Sheesh, first Photobucket now Postimage. I'm tired of updating links every time a photo hosting site develops issues.
(06-07-2018, 08:55 PM)TrainNut Wrote: Sheesh, first Photobucket now Postimage.  I'm tired of updating links every time a photo hosting site develops issues.

Yeah, I agree, that's why we encourage uploading direct to Big Blue. I'm assuming that Postimage has shut down unlike Photobucket that simply changed their policy without any warning or notice.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
We can do that? We didn't used to be able right? New feature for the new site?
(06-08-2018, 06:11 PM)TrainNut Wrote: We can do that?  We didn't used to be able right?  New feature for the new site?

We have always been able to upload and save on Big Blue, even on The Gauge when we had control. I sent you a PM on how to do it. Your photos will all be listed in your profile, again, something we did on the old forum. It's easy, once you get the hang of it.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and