F&C kits paint removal question
I have some old F&C milk car reefers that I am trying to remove the Pullman green paint from to repaint. The kits are the older blue box kits, resin is kind of an orangey tan. One kit I have been letting sit in Scalecoat Washaway for about 12 hours, the other has been soaking in brake fluid for roughly the same amount of time. There has been next to no paint removal. I have to stop at Walmart tonight and I'm going look for some liquid Easy Off, Simple Green, & the Purple Stuff. So I'm looking for any other thoughts or suggestions or possibly what kind of paint this could have been.

thx,
Mark
You can try 91% rubbing alcohol. I have had good luck with it on most plastic kits.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
I'll give that whirl, too Thumbsup .

Mark
e-paw Wrote:You can try 91% rubbing alcohol. I have had good luck with it on most plastic kits.

Would 151% Rum work Crazy
Nay, you never want waste good rum Thumbsup .
So, I may have come to the conclusion, after doing some research on these F&C kits that what I am assuming to be paint may actually be mold release. This/these particular F&C kit could be at least 25 years old and are made of polyester resin, not the same resin material that F&C uses now. I found a european eBay site today that is still selling these kits as NOS and the pictures supplied on the page shows them in a Pullman green color also. There is a comment from Sharon at F&C that the mold release color could be any color from white to black. The directions with the kit also mentions the same thing. What has me thrown off is that the mold release seems to have lifted off the mold as if the paint was worn off or scratched. But the picture I had seen on the european eBay page seems to be the same way. I've now removed them from the paint removal solutions and washed them. They are now air drying for the night and I'll prime them tomorrow to see how they come out.