My Hometown---Part 4
First time I've had a chance to visit the Stuart St. yard since CN took it back from the SOR---today's yard power included GMD1 #1444

Kinnear yard power

It's been a while since I've done any local rail-fanning so I thought some old photos might work---here's some scenes from the 80's taken around my hometown

Geez, Ed, the open pilot area on that C630M looks like the prototype for all the HO diesels of the past that had Talgo-mounted couplers - perfect for 18" radii.

Wayne
I drove past Kinnear Yard today after running a few errands just in time to catch this eastbound train

It was a rainy overcast day so I was a bit hesitant about checking out the local train action but I'm glad I ventured out as I caught a rare treat at CN Stuart---2 GMD1's working the yard
Great catch, Ed!

Nice to see them in the striped paint scheme (my favourite of all the ones which followed the green and gold).  I really wish, though, that there were some SW1200RS units still in service - for me, much more nicely proportioned and over-all just better-looking locomotives....in my opinion, the best looking locomotive GMD ever offered.

Wayne
Hi Doc---a lucky catch for sure.I agree regarding those SW1200RS locomotives and was able to see one in action working the Hamilton Parkdale Yard back in 2017---as far as I know this is one of the few remaining units still on the CN roster.Fortunately Rapido Models produced this locomotive and I have one in the original green/yellow livery.

Here's the Rapido model in the original green/yellow livery

Nice!  I think that just about anything in that paint scheme would look good...maybe not a BL2...or a low-nose GP30.

Wayne
            It was a wet dreary day in my hometown today but I wanted to catch some of the autumn leaves before they're gone
CN recently settled their labour dispute and the trains are rolling again despite backlogs and delays in the regular manifest services.During the strike some high priority trains were running with management filling the roles of striking conductors---this created some unusual traffic through Bayview as some trains were re-routed and the local rail-fans witnessed trains that usually don't pass through Hamilton.Unfortunately I missed all these re-routed freights.

I did get out yesterday for a while and caught a bit of local action around my hometown.I'm hoping I might get lucky and catch some of CP's "Honouring our Veterans" units---stay tuned. 

Some days you get lucky---I caught all this action today within an hour
I received an e-mail this morning from a local railfan who informed me one of CP's "Veteran" units was scheduled to run through my hometown on CP train 246.I rushed down to Lawrence Rd. hoping I wouldn't miss this train.One of the issues with local train watching is that there are no precise times to catch CP 246---it could be early morning or late afternoon and today the train arrived at Kinnear Yard around 3PM.It was a long day but the wait was worth it as I caught my first "Veteran" which honours our Air Force #7023.I've always said you have to be a little crazy to be a train watcher.

Here's some more pictures of #7023 at Kinnear Yard