Brooklyn 1st Ave waterfront
bdw9535 Wrote:Does your Brooklyn and Greenville have any rolling stock and if so would you be interested in doing a decal swap? I have my Shore River decals in white and black sets.

Bruce

The thought has crossed my mind to do rolling stock, maybe a reacher/idler car but that's as far as I got. I would definitely consider a decal swap though. What type of rolling stock does your railroad have? Maybe I can base mine off what your railroad runs.
Rscott417 Wrote:I would definitely consider a decal swap though. What type of rolling stock does your railroad have? Maybe I can base mine off what your railroad runs.

I have grain hoppers, painted either a light gray or a baby blue. 62' insulated beer cars, painted white. 50' plug door cars, painted baby blue, and several mechanical reefers, painted orange. The larger set I have in black, white or yellow. The smaller set is only in black.

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

I could definitely do 50' boxcars, I'll email the guy that did my decals and get back to you.
Here's what I hope to be my last revision. I set up the yard a little more prototypical to Bush yard. 4 main yard tracks with a 5th track if needed. The short track above the engine house lead that seems like a pointless run around will be the ramp used to unload subway cars off flat cars (probably just for show more than functional). I added 6 more inches for a total depth of 30 inches so that 1st Ave could be made a little wider and accommodate city traffic and street running without looking narrow and unrealistic. I was going to do the cut through loft building on the curve of the street running towards staging/interchange but a tall loft building will block the view of the minimal amount of street running. I'm going to do a corner more similar to 1st Ave and 41st street.
[Image: 20180409_130716_zpslkcyczws.jpg]
[Image: Screenshot_20180409-122442_zpsgkk0tkvu.jpg]
That will an impressive switching layout!
Reinhard
Thanks Reinhard, it looks good on paper hopefully soon I can start building.
Something else that looks good on paper and we'll see how the finished product turns out is this suspended shelf that will be the NYA/LIRR interchange. It'll be held up by threaded rod anchored to the beams (squares labeled "B") in the ceiling. It's 124 inches long and the last 29 inches will be hinged so I can get to the electrical panel and sump pump if needed. Above the track will be a shelf to store detergent etc. and I'm thinking I can add LED strips above the track. This will hopefully declutter the top of my washer and dryer and should be a fun and functional project.
[Image: 20180410_110148_zpse4ueqgey.jpg]
Not bad for just wingin' it. I should have made the height for the track at least another half inch taller but should work out fine since it's just staging after all. More to come soon.
[Image: 20180413_183354_zpsroj7nsne.jpg]
Shelf is hung, just need to get wood for the track shelf. Started painting the hardboard backing. Just need a layout to go with it.
[Image: 20180414_180912_zpsftn9jvvx.jpg]
I see somebody's found a use for it already. 357
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
BR60103 Wrote:I see somebody's found a use for it already. 357

Gotta break it in 357
Here's a quick update on the B&G fleet. Weathered, sound, lighting and keep alives done by Bradleydcc. IMO he does too good a job for me to attempt this step of building an engine. Can't wait to run these switchers.
[Image: received_982780891880503_zps9bmegn7b.jpeg]
[Image: received_982780811880511_zpsnbm4o0y6.jpeg]
I got all the benchwork up and homasote laid out. Ran a train from the interchange through the wall on the layout, tight squeeze but shouldn't be an issue. Also started placing the yard track down to see how it'll fit. I'm just waiting on my fast tracks sweep sticks and I'll be on my way.
[Image: 20180521_135816_zpsk5grgo3s.jpg]
[Image: 1526989874308842919826_zpsgrouetch.jpg]

I realized I never updated the shelf progress. I just need to add a fascia. 
[Image: 20180522_080346_zpsxk8wvxp6.jpg]
apologies on my last post. I thought you were building the layout inside the shelves.
(too much reading the "cakebox challenge" on RMweb.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Wow a modeler who includes the brakepipe hose. So many modeler leave it off. Really like all the details!
Andy Jackson
Santa Fe Springs CA
ATSF/LAJ Ry Fan & Modeler