What are your plans for New Years Eve?
Happy New Years to you all. An exciting year coming up I hope, lots of time to do what you want, especially with your layouts or other train things.

What are your plans for New Years Eve? Gunna go out partying, wining and dining? Go to a movie, run trains with friends, watch the ball drop on TV or just stay home?

Us, we'll probably go out for an early dinner and maybe catch a movie. But we'll be home and fast asleep before midnight. Well, asleep depending on how may neighbors decide to celebrate with fireworks. They sell them all over town, just that they're illegal to fire off in the city limits. Lots of folks don't care, they set them off around midnight anyway....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
We never leave the house on New Years Eve, locally we call it amateur night when all the people that can't hold their liquor decide to try once again. We are far enough from the highway so we should be safe. I intend to run some trains early and will be asleep by 11 or so.
Charlie
A cozy and relaxing time here. Vigdis and I are planning a nice turkey dinner at home, I have a bottle of Bollinger Special Cuvee ready to pop, and some fireworks in case we are still awake at midnight.

Happy New Year to all our friends here at Big Blue! Cheers
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Tyson Rayles Wrote:zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Well said! I will be also.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Nothing special but sleeping is impossible until 1am - 2am when all the fireworks are exhausted.
Reinhard
We'll see if we can stay up to watch New York New Year at 11:00 Central Time!
I've discovered a wonderful New Year's show on KUSC radio from Los Angeles. They play some of my favourite funny pieces of music, do the whole of Fledermaus in the middle, and have a quiz that I've never managed to get all the way through. Unfortunately, they reach midnight about 3:00 am by my clock.

I discovered this the year we spent New Year's Eve in our motor home in a parking lot in Pasadena. (That's another story called What do you you when you can't find a camping site the night before the rose parade?)
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Partying with the family, probably watching the ball drop.
————————————————————————————
Modeling the East Broad Top as it was between 1937-1942
~Amanda