Older Bachmann K4 #5448
Late summer I acquired a used Bachmann K4, #5448, at a hobby shop. They did a test run for me and the engine did run smoothly. It was cheap enough so I bought it. When I got it home I found that someone had been inside and other than the fact the motor was wired, it was a mess. I had planned to install a sound decoder which I had on hand. Overall the engine looks good. The mechanism is smooth, the motor works fine. So, I will continue with the rebuild. What I am lacking is a good diagram/parts list for this engine. It is pre DCC ready, there is no 8-pin socket. The tender does have a spot for the speaker, which is a good thing.
Does anyone have a good diagram for this engine? Or know where to find one online? I have been searching for a week now and though I have found several Bachmann K4 diagrams, they are for the newer versions. I will probably work my way through this one but it would be nice to have a diagram to help me out.

Thanks for any help on this.

KT
Kevin, here's a link to HO SEEKER. Click on "Steam Diagrams/Part Numbers" under Bachmann, then scroll down the list which appears - there are three versions of the K-4 listed.

Wayne
Thanks Wayne. C sent me the same info. The diagram helps but it's not exactly the same one I have. Especially the tender. But ya know what? I'll just tear into it and wire it up same as some other locos I have.
BTW, so far I am not impressed with the Digitrax sounds decoder I bought. Maybe will sound better after it;s installed. We'll see.

Stay warm up there buddy .