Last weekend - exhibition time!
Our AMREG friends group was member of a large exhition mostly with other railroad groups and dealers on last weekend.
First time we built an large oval with an switching appendix where all modules of our friends were arranged to a large layout with dimensions of 92ft length and a wide of over 30ft.
See some pictures.

The layout in a drawing!
[Image: 2018_ausstellung-amreg.jpg]

Small baggage - for me as a member without own modules.
[Image: ausstellung2018-00.jpg]

[Image: ausstellung2018-01.jpg]

Where is to find the other end? - Around 90 away!
[Image: ausstellung2018-02.jpg]

The complete layout near to finishing!
[Image: ausstellung2018-03.jpg]

A view from the other end.
[Image: ausstellung2018-04.jpg]

After five hours of installation the model trains have been set onto the tracks! Ready for model train running! The railroad museum on the left and our new station Shelbyville on the right.
[Image: ausstellung2018-06.jpg]

Again the museum a piece more behind including our station Shelbyville.
[Image: ausstellung2018-07.jpg]

The museum in oposite direction.
[Image: ausstellung2018-08.jpg]

The museum again in a 3/4 view. Good to see the row of exhibited steam locomotives and an excursion train very close to the Sacramento Daylight with the SP #3000 Atlantic.
[Image: ausstellung2018-09.jpg]

Trains are running, steam like diesel engines as motive power. The presentation of models was a good mixture over a time period from 1900 until to present time.
[Image: ausstellung2018-10.jpg]

The new old time coal tower of Shelbyville railway museum, a need for the steam locomotives serving the historic excursion trains including locos for the switching jobs in the museum.
Sorry, not the best picture.
[Image: ausstellung2018-11.jpg]

I think that I can show some more pictures in galleries and links to videos in next days. Enjoy!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
That's a great venue for a FREE-MO layout, Bernd, and a great-looking layout, too! Did you have time to get the coaling tower working properly? That's a good-looking scene with the locomotive pulled up for re-fueling. I'm also impressed by the rural scenery, especially the ground cover...my compliments to the group for a job well-done. Applause Thumbsup Thumbsup Applause

Wayne
Thanks for your warm comment, Doc!

Yes, we had a good time time for "playing" with trains, with switching on the switch yard outside of the oval and especially each of us could run his favorized trains and models, mostly the own. Me as a sample have run my Sacramento Daylight and my 1930 train in most cases with the newly digitalized CA&Y 2-6-6-0 mallet in front, the original D&SL mallet and with my small N&W G1 seeing on last picture which had to switch the coal cars at backside of coal tower so the hoist could and must work and after the loco has taken coal on frontside under the working chute - all in all a well working model without each failures now.
A lot of model builders under visitors asked after methods of building such wood structures and most of them were very surprised that the tower is made from a kit after American style - a hand full of different wood strips and 20 pages of instructions. The European model builder knows especially the typical kits from here - four walls, a bottom plate and two roof halfes and maybe a bit scenery materials. All! Of course, a bottle plastic glue. Wooden craftsman kits are absolutely unknown here in Germany.
So I had a lot of discussions around the coal tower and it was sad that I could not finish the water tower by adding a working water filling tube before the exhibition. However a next time will come and last details of museum will be added then.

A member of our group has filmed a lot of scenes with running trains and also around the coal tower and I'm sure that he will design and cut a nice looking video in next days. You, Doc, and all can be sure that I will post a link to this video if it will be ready and published for publicity.
Cheers, Bernd

You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
A first addition found on a German forum - us-modellbahn.net

And a second one with a switching station Jayville which was installed as an appendix at the large oval.
Cheers, Bernd

Now I can present you two videos of our exhibition weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5EbHfyfBn0 ---- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxSNDmlH5pk

Enjoy!
Cheers, Bernd

Thanks for sharing!! I never get tired of watching steam engines Smile Smile Smile

Great work on the scenery too!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Outstanding Applause