2018 Big Blue Monster Energy NASCAR Racin'
WOW.....that was a great start for our team selections.....I do not know that I can recall a time in the past where we only had one driver in the top 10!!!!
One thing for sure, we can only hope to do better.
dwight77
Race #2

Folds Of Honor Quicktrip 500

Results of drivers picked and their points:
1 Kevin Harvick 53
2 Brad Keselowski 53
5 Martin Truex Jr 39
7 Kyle Busch 43
10 Chase Elliot 27
11 Erik Jones 26
27 Jimmie Johnson 10
29 AJ Allmendinger 8

This weeks standings:
UP
Down
Remained the same

NGauger 162
Dwight77 135
Mike Kieran 132
W8JY 119

Next weeks race:
Pennzoil 400 presented by Jiffy Lube - Las Vegas Motor Speedway - Sunday March 4th at 3:30 - Fox TV
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Race #3

Pennzoil 400 presented by Jiffy Lube

1 Kevin Harvick 60
2 Kyle Busch 43
4 Martin Truex Jr 46
6 Brad Keselowski 41
8 Erik Jones 29
12 Jimmie Johnson 25
30 AJ Allmendinger 7
34 Chase Elliot 8

This weeks standings:
UP
Down
Remained the same

Mike Kieran 260
NGauger 256
Dwight77 249
W8JY 197

Next weeks race:
TicketGuardian 500 - ISM Raceway, Phoenix - Sunday March 11th at 3:30 - Fox TV
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Wow, talk about a 1-2 punch!
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Race #4

TicketGuardian 500

1 Kevin Harvick 53
2 Kyle Busch 52
3 Chase Elliot 39
5 Martin Truex Jr 41
9 Erik Jones 29
14 Jimmie Johnson 23
15 Brad Keselowski 35
21 AJ Allmendinger 16

This weeks standings:
UP
Down
Remained the same

Mike Kieran 388
Dwight77 365
NGauger 348
W8JY 300

Next weeks race:
Auto Club 400 - Auto Club Speedway, Fontana CA - Sunday March 18th at 3:30 - Fox TV
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Race #5

Auto Club 400

1 Martin Truex Jr 60
3 Kyle Busch 51
4 Brad Keselowski 49
7 Erik Jones 39
9 Jimmie Johnson 38
16 Chase Elliot 21
22 AJ Allmendinger 15
35 Kevin Harvick 2

This weeks standings:
UP
Down
Remained the same

Dwight77 514
Mike Kieran 479
NGauger 472
W8JY 409

Next weeks race:
STP 500 - Martinsville Speedway - Sunday March 25th at 2:00 - FS1 Fox Sports
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Race #5

STP 500

2 Kyle Busch 50
4 Martin Truex Jr 33
5 Kevin Harvick 42
8 AJ Allmendinger 36
9 Chase Elliot 28
10 Brad Keselowski 43
15 Jimmie Johnson 24
17 Erik Jones 20

This weeks standings:
UP
Down
Remained the same

Dwight77 621
Mike Kieran 595
NGauger 584
W8JY 500

We take a week to be with family for Easter

Next Race is in 2 weeks!!!
Next weeks race:
O'Reilly Auto Parts 500 - Texas Motor Speedway - Sunday April 8th at 2:00 - FS1 Fox Sports
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Race #6

O'Reilly Auto Parts 500

1 Kyle Busch 59
2 Kevin Harvick 45
4 Erik Jones 41
11 Chase Elliot 33
24 AJ Allmendinger 13
33 Brad Keselowski 11
35 Jimmie Johnson 2
37 Martin Truex Jr 1

This weeks standings:
UP
Down
Remained the same

Mike Kieran 701
Dwight77 683
NGauger 609
W8JY 585

Next weeks race:
Food City 500 - Bristol Motor Speedway - Sunday April 15th at 2:00 - FS1 Fox Sports
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Annnnd there's Mike & Dwight, flip flopping yet again Smile Smile

My Guy Truex discovered a flat tire and crashed on lap 80....
1 whole point this week!!! WoooT!!!!! (not)
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Talk about the good and the bad.......Kyle for 59 points in first place....and Truex and Johnson for a total of 3 points; last and next to last.
dwight77
Neck and neck so far. I'm hoping that this turns out to be down to the wire when it's all over.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
I have been a NASCAR fan since I saw my first race in 1957 when they were racing on the sand at Daytona. I was also at tragic race at Daytona when Dale Earnhardt lost his life.

What I don't like is the way NASCAR has been trying to tweak the format. I personally can't stand the stage racing and their stupid 5 minute rune in the pits for any damage caused in a crash that for many drivers were no fault of their own.

I used to try to attend three or four races each year which can get expensive because I live in Montana, far away from most tracks. I will not spend the time that it takes to drive to the races or spend the money. (it's actually cheaper to drive because air fares from smaller airports are a lot more expensive than flying out of large cities). We really enjoyed our road trips to races all across the country, spending time to visit the area and attractions in the area where the race was.

Not only will I not attend and rces in person, I also will not spend any money on NASCAR gear. Just about all of my NASCAR friends do not like the stage racing wither. I am a charter member of the NASCAR Fan Club and have expressed my feelings about the stage racing ever since the first season it was in effect.

NASCAR has done a really great job when it comes to safety, both in the car for the drivers and the safer barriers, but why can't they just let the drivers race?
Video Tour of the Logan Valley - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiNqrkq9xYY">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiNqrkq9xYY</a><!-- m -->
Chet Wrote:I have been a NASCAR fan since I saw my first race in 1957 when they were racing on the sand at Daytona. I was also at tragic race at Daytona when Dale Earnhardt lost his life.

What I don't like is the way NASCAR has been trying to tweak the format. I personally can't stand the stage racing and their stupid 5 minute rune in the pits for any damage caused in a crash that for many drivers were no fault of their own.

I used to try to attend three or four races each year which can get expensive because I live in Montana, far away from most tracks. I will not spend the time that it takes to drive to the races or spend the money. (it's actually cheaper to drive because air fares from smaller airports are a lot more expensive than flying out of large cities). We really enjoyed our road trips to races all across the country, spending time to visit the area and attractions in the area where the race was.

Not only will I not attend and races in person, I also will not spend any money on NASCAR gear. Just about all of my NASCAR friends do not like the stage racing wither. I am a charter member of the NASCAR Fan Club and have expressed my feelings about the stage racing ever since the first season it was in effect.

NASCAR has done a really great job when it comes to safety, both in the car for the drivers and the safer barriers, but why can't they just let the drivers race?
You're right... There's a LOT of disgruntlement amongst the older seasoned fans. NASCAR or NASCRUD as I've heard them called, has pretty much told us old folks that they no longer give a hoot about us.

EVERYTHING they do now is geared to make money, make TV ratings (which garners more money) and sell tickets, toys, cars, and other collectibles (that make money). The contracts that the France family made with these TV providers and the other main sponsors; Xfinity, Monster and Camping World all want huge returns, so NASCAR has to deliver.

This means catering to younger people that will go to races and watch broadcasts (ratings) so they can justify what they paid NASCAR to be the premier sponsor.

It's totally changed from a bunch of families running on weekends for bragging rights or for grudge matches to a Billion Dollar industry trying to go up against football and baseball for ratings for 5 hours on a weekend. They are doing everything they can to get warm bodies in all the seats and on the couches watching from home. So, we watch for as long as we want and then turn the channel.

I've seen about an hour each race so far. I go to nascar.com to get the points after the races for our Fantasy League. I try to watch the Indy 500 & Coca Cola 600 on Memorial Day weekend, but that's about it except for the last few races in November.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Race #8

Food City 500

1 Kyle Busch 49
3 Jimmie Johnson 46
7 Kevin Harvick 43
17 AJ Allmendinger 34
23 Brad Keselowski 11
26 Erik Jones 16
29 Chase Elliot 8
30 Martin Truex Jr 7

This weeks standings:
UP
Down
Remained the same

Mike Kieran 839
Dwight77 785
NGauger 661
W8JY 620

Next weeks race:
Toyota Owners 400 - Richmond Raceway - Saturday Night April 21st at 6:30 - FS1 Fox Sports
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

"EVERYTHING they do now is geared to make money, make TV ratings (which garners more money) and sell tickets, toys, cars, and other collectibles (that make money). The contracts that the France family made with these TV providers and the other main sponsors; Xfinity, Monster and Camping World all want huge returns, so NASCAR has to deliver."

Problem is it's not working. The ratings are in the tank which is why so many of the races are no longer on the networks but are farmed out to the cable channnels like FS1 and NBCSN which a lot of people don't get so the ratings suffer even more. Basically they have started their own death spiral. Most of the races don't even come close to selling out anymore. With the exception of a few races like the Daytona 500 they are lucky to sell a third of the seats anymore. I live in the heart of NASCAR country here in NC about 3 hours from Charlotte. 20 years ago everybody here was a Nascar fan. If you went to the local diner on a Monday morning all they were talking about was the race the day before. No such talk now, nobody watches anymore. Nascar went away from the best racing went they dropped most of the short tracks. Then they got too big for their pants and drove all the small (read colorful) 1 car teams out of the sport. They then raised the price of their merchandise and tickets thru the roof and now they have lost most of their base. RIP NASCAR you did this to yourself.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string