The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Slept late.  Cooked sausage biscuits so breakfast for several days.  Not much on agenda.  Hot but suppose to be less humid.  Bull.

Have a good one.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Hello July Blue.
Sun and 88 for today.
Just back from getting a hair cut. After a rinse, ah ya it feels good.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
We have just returned from a local fitness center. We did the application, got counseling and a training plan and did the initial training.
Reinhard
Good morning everyone, rise and shine 2285_ 2285_ , just wish I could hop up and down like these guys. Crazy Takes at least one cup of coffee before I can stand straight up....

Got a cool-down, temps around 105 until late next week, at least that's what they're telling us. Typically, we only have 18 days where it's 110 or higher, the record is 33 days set in 2011. The record for 100 or higher days is 143 back in 1989. When you've lived here for as long a we have, we just don't notice these things, all we know is that it's hot and we do our best to stay out of the heat regardless of the temperature.

Just in case you haven't noticed, we have an O scale car up for auction, it's early but it's never too early to put in your bids, don't wait 'till the last minute or you could lose out. Remember, we're doing these auctions as a way to help support Big Blue and to give back something in the process. We did something special for our O scalers, and we hope to see you all raise your paddles. The auction is being held here, and will end on July 15, so please do what you can so we can avoid a fund drive. It's been years since we've had to do that, and I'll tell you, the costs of running Big Blue go up significantly every time we need to renew our server space and domain. We are headed for a renewal in a few months, so please help us, and get a keepsake in return....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Hello Blue
Bright sun with lot's O humidity.
Gonna be a hard to breath day.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Super hot and humid.  Run errands with Wifey [Lowe's and etc. for her stuff] in pickup.  Stay cool.  Need rain.
Happy World UFO Day, gang.

80 already headed for the upper 80s. Almost cool enough to turn off the a/c except for the humidity.

Not much accomplished yesterday. Rode the bike and went to the grocery store. Spent the remainder of the day inside, hiding from the heat and humidity. I've been out and about this morning. Menards and Walmart. Next up is a bike ride followed by putting insect control spray on the yard. I already put some Cutter's on the yard but that didn't seem to work well this year so I'm going to try some Bayer.

Got an email yesterday confirming the necessary info for my trip. I'll probably leave here on the 15th and be back here in the latter half of the week of the 21st.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Gas prices here jumped 15¢ over the weekend. Up to $2.64.9

Good morning everyone, you're still way less than we're paying here. Average prices for gas here is 2.89-2.95. Lowest is Costco and Sam's Club at $2.79. Drive down to Tucson and get it for  $2.25. Why so low there, well, they're saying that they're closer to the pipeline and we wind up paying to get the gas up to us. That all being said, at least it's not going up as it usually does around a holiday....

We're not seeing much action over at the O scale auction house... We though going with an O scale anniversary car would be a good thing since we've always just had N and HO scale stuff in our other auctions. Now's the time folks, we need your support, so bid if you can, right now the bid's at $25, do what you can if you can.....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy but it has stopped raining for the moment. Had a storm roll through last evening that deposited 2 inches in about 2 hours. Then overnight I got another half inch. Currently it's 69 headed for the mid 80s, cool enough that I could turn off the a/c if the humidity isn't too bad.

I never did get the bike ride yesterday but I did get the insect spray on the yard. In the afternoon I did some other yard work and then ran the passenger train for a while but gave up. It was just too humid. Nothing major on the agenda for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

not a bad morning here its 7:00 and only 79 calling for over 100 for the next  two months . pool is great when its over 100  2285_  can keep the water temp in the low 80's mostly. the rest of the time is in the ac .
Good morning all, and a HAPPY FOURTH of JULY to you all. A local TV station had their "poll of the day" question, "is there a fourth of July in England?".... Trick question, of course there is, it comes right after the third and before the fifth. Still, about 20% answered, "no"....

Jim, when we had a pool, I remember it was like bathwater when the temps were high, the same goes for when we had a spa. Sprinklers did little to cool the water down and we'd need a ton of ice to make a difference. I tried that once with the spa and it laughed at me and continued to boil....

Speaking of temps, we're in the low 100's until the end of next week, when we jump into the 110's +. It's livable until you try to get in your car if it's been outside for a while.... Eek The rules: don't touch anything shiny or dark, don't walk around in your bare feet and don't try to drink out of a water hose. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Happy Fourth of July, gang.

75 headed for 85 with a chance for rain.

Finally gave in and went to the doctor yesterday. She said I had muscle spasms and gave me a muscle relaxer. Said I could take one or two three times a day. Cautiously took one yesterday afternoon. By 7:30 I couldn't keep my eyes open. Went to bed. Woke up around midnight. Took another one and went back to bed about 1. Woke up again at 5:30. Went back to be gain at 7 and just woke up. Looks like it's going to be a sleepy day for me today. No plans for anything as I'll probably fall asleep in the middle of it. If I were to take two I'd probably be unconscious for days.

All stay safe,

Tom

Happy 4th.  T'storms around.  Hot and humid.  Early trip to Smithfield NC with Wifey for shopping.  Now watching N&W steam pulling coasl out of WV and VA mountains.

Later.
Greetings, gang.

Foggy and 66 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the low 80s with a chance of rain. That same forecast is good for the next several days.

Got all the bills paid yesterday and took a couple of short bike rides. From about 6 until 10 last night there were continuous explosions in the neighborhood. Someone spent way too much on fireworks although it did have an interesting effect. I stumbled on the Macy's fireworks display on tv last night. Watching that while smoke drifted in the front door made it almost seem like I was there.

Nothing major planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom