The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Was sent this and told to invite my friends.

[Image: enhance]
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
(11-05-2019, 05:09 PM)Chief Eagles Wrote: Was sent this and told to invite my friends.

Thank you Frank, I'm proud that you consider us here your friends. I honestly wish I could be there, but life doesn't always allow our wishes to be granted. So congratulations on your 30-years of commitment to your town.... Applause Applause 

Oh, nice portrait shot. Worship
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Congratulations Frank. To get through 30 years of service to any community is a wonderful accomplishment. You will be miss I am sure. I am sure there were many times you just shook your head and walked away.  Icon_e_biggrin Enjoy some time for yourself and let the younger ones take the helm.

Charlie
Good morning everyone, hah, those soothsayers finally got one right. We woke up this morning to a nice steady rain. They did hedge a bit and say "10% chance", and, "could pass us by", but it didn't. Still, we're way behind on rain this year. I'll bet when it gets light out, we'll find a yard full of weeds. No rain all summer, no weeds all summer, well a few out back, but they don't count according to the HOA, they don't exist if you can't see them from the street... Nope 

Saw our first large scale Christmas decoration the other day, lots of lights around a local eye clinic. Went into Walmart yesterday, they got rid of all the Halloween candy and now they have a whole aisle of Christmas candy to replace it. When stores have their, "Christmas in July" sales events, they really mean it anymore.  Waiting
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Frank - congratulations on a job VERY well done. I won't make it for the party but may stop by for a cup of coffee next spring. Planning another "little" trip.

34 and partly cloudy this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 30s. NWS is talking about highs in the mid 20s by next week, well below average for this time of year.

Had a pretty good day yesterday. In the morning I swam for almost a half mile. Also signed up for a personal trainer. Can't get rid of that last 10-15 lbs. After lunch I got the yard cleaned up and put the plastic on the windows in my office. There are 6 windows that face north and west. I developed a system so that I can get all the windows covered in less than 20 minutes. Also brought the Plexiglas insert for the front storm door in for some repairs.

The paper just arrived so I can start planning my shopping trip. Need to hit Menards, Walmart, and Fareway (a regional grocery chain).

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Morning.  57 and breezy.  Had visitor this AM.  Wants me to find da venue to hold about 1,000 people for a non-denominational Christmas service.  will work on that today.

Tom, you can stay with us if you want.

Active shooter shot at Fayetteville hospital.

https://www.wral.com/officials-deputy-sh.../18747716/

Have a good one.
Good morning all, I guess those soothsayers were only kind of right. They forecasted rain for late yesterday and early today. It rained, but only yesterday morning. Either the storm hit early, or they didn't see that one coming... We got .04", some places got as much as .12". Not a lot, but we'll take all that we can get. Having water in the desert is sometimes better than having gold. Case in point, in some areas here, there's a hold on new developments because they cannot guarantee the water supply source. Our groundwater is being depleted and that's where most homes here get their water from, including ours.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

8. That's enough weather for today.

Got most of my shopping done yesterday and made it to the gym. Today I need to work on the Plexiglas insert for the front storm door. The Plexiglas has slipped out of the frame. I need to use a couple of putty knives to work it back in. Can be a pain to fix sometimes. Also need to take the yard waste generated on Tuesday.

Frank - thank you for such a generous offer. Right now my plans are very much up in the air. Glad they got the bad guy.

All stay safe.

Tom

Morning.  Sunny and 58.  Clouding up and rain tonight.

Busy tomorrow AM.  So out early to Raleigh.

Have a good one.
Good morning all, Friday already Eek , I still like Jim Currie's description of life....

Quote:( momma said life is like a roll of toilet paper it go's faster toward the end )

Truer words were never said. Waiting

Temps remain the same, a bit above normal, no rain, nuttin' new for now  Icon_e_smile
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 20 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be near 40. 53 tomorrow and then a slid into the freezer with temperatures not expected to get above freezing until next Thursday. Brrr!

Quiet day yesterday. Swam at the gym and got the Plexiglas® insert in the front storm. Much easier fix than I originally thought. The side frame was held in place by spring clips. Popped those out, realigned the gasket, and put it all back together. About 20 minutes worth of work.

Today is another gym day followed by random activities of an as yet undetermined nature.

All stay safe.

Tom

Hello Blue
Egads we got up to sun and 23 degrees. It's way too soon for that even here.
Club meet tomorrow.
Big train show in Lansing Mi. Sunday.
Frank da chief has done much for his beloved city and congrats to him. However the pic in the flyer is from his high school yearbook.... Icon_e_biggrin
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Out early for Human Services conference today.  Had to stay till end as I had closing.  Out early to head east to hunt.  Have a good one.
Good morning everyone, nothing new here, temps still in the mid to high 80's, wear a jacket in the morning, turn on the car's A/C by noon. Should go down closer to normal a bit later this coming week.

Some big football games today, I might watch some of the ASU/USC game, I guess there's a bigger one, Alabama/LSU. Don't know, I kind of gotten away from football with all this choreographed dances, poses and running around like chickens when someone actually does something right, I just get turned off. Yeah, that's mostly in the NFL, but now they're going to have college players allowed to cash in, no telling what those games are going to be like when that happens. Aah, yes, for those good old days.....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Congratulations Frank!! Wish I cold be there too!!! Smile
I just passed 37 years at my job. I'm the only one out of my group of friends that can say that.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???