The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

Another cold day underway in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Cloudy and 13 now headed for sunny and 30 this afternoon.

Another in a string of quiet days yesterday. Trip to the gym and watched a couple of movies. How can you pass up titles like "Earth vs the Giant Spider" and "Attack of the Crab Monster"?

Another gym trip this morning and may do some grocery shopping.

(11-14-2019, 06:18 AM)ezdays Wrote: One day they'll pass a law doing away with that .009.
Don - they tried that several years ago here in Iowa. Lasted for a few years and then the law was (very) quietly removed from the books so all the gas stations immediately got almost a penny a gallon raise.
All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Morning.  Cloudy and chilly 45 degrees [feels colder] which is up from 25.   Rain out of the gulf headed up the coast.  Tonight, tomorrow and part of Sat. 

Wifey and I had early meeting with Charter School Principal and Board President [my developer GF].  Garden Club starting to meet there and partner with school gardens.  Also teach gardening to kids.  Maybe adults too.   Great meeting.

Dermatologist at 1:30.   County Commissioner buddy has her campaign kick off event this evening.

Stay warm [except Don, stay cool].
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Hello Blue.
Cloudy and 32 right now.
We have been dealing with a record breaking snowfall and temps. Most snow and lowest Hi temp for November.
Nothing on my toy train front been dealing with doctors and hospital jumping through hoops for my wife's upcoming surgery. No not major but she is getting cut.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Greetings, gang.

Clear and 23 headed for sunny and 42. Should get rid of a lot of the snow today.

Went to Walmart yesterday and skipped the gym. Walmart just seems to suck the motivation right out of me. On tap for this morning is a trip to the gym. This afternoon I may work on some outdoor projects that I didn't get done before the cold weather moved in. Need to put the summer toys away and get out the winter toys. Also need to change oil on the snow blower and get it fired up.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning everyone, ready for a great weekend? Watching, "This Old House", I remember the plumber guy always saying, "Heat goes to cold". Well, you guys that are fighting the snow are more than welcome to share some of our heat. More true in the Summer, but it's OK now, just a little bit less. 'nuff said.

Saw the dermatologist this morning, he hit me in at least a dozen places with his little freeze gun, man, that should be enough to lower the temps wherever I go by at least two degrees. Remember, heat goes to cold so I should just suck the heat out of the air. Icon_rolleyes
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Afternoon.  46 and rainy.  Retirement party this afternoon/evening.

Dermatologist bio'ed a spot on my back.  We'll see.

Have a good one.
Big Grin 
"This Old House",  One of my favorites but also kind of funny too. Some very talented people appear but I always thought of the show as something not to do. 
Seems like they take a $100,000 home and spend $100,000 in renovations, only to find the lower sills are rotted and need another $100,000 to repair. 
When the house is done it is now worth $50,000  Icon_e_biggrin

Cold here today but nothing like the previous days.  I had to go to my granddaughters this morning. The furnace was out and my wife was there painting. 
The furnace lit but the blower wasn't running.  I figured something with the limit switch, probably dirt. I tapped it with a screwdriver and everything is fine.  Now the search for a new switch is on.  

Charlie
(11-15-2019, 12:08 PM)Charlie B Wrote: "This Old House",  One of my favorites but also kind of funny too. Some very talented people appear but I always thought of the show as something not to do. 
Seems like they take a $100,000 home and spend $100,000 in renovations, only to find the lower sills are rotted and need another $100,000 to repair. 
When the house is done it is now worth $50,000  Icon_e_biggrin

Charlie

Seems like all the fixer upper shows run in to hidden things.  Those things they should have found on initial inspection.  I just laugh.  Love it or List it.  Show always finds things and blows the fixer up budget.
Good morning everyone, going to be another nice weekend here though Monday. Good thing because we're going target shooting on Monday. Big change starting Tuesday, I see one forecast that calls for 100% chance of rain through Thursday, and a bit lower on Friday. Big risk on their part, other say 70%, as always, giving them an out when it doesn't rain. Temps going down by 15 to 20 degrees as well, they all seem to agree on that. Winter is finally showing up here in the desert.

Most of those fixer-upper shows are all pre-planned and rehearsed, just like those house hunting ones. Your house has to be bought and at least in escrow before they consider you for the show. "This Old House" is educational as much as entertaining and they say it's not rehearsed. They used to have the homeowners participate and you knew the budget. You never knew how much was donated though. Now days, they seem to do it all without the homeowners, except when it's time to pick out the wallpaper and tile. Still, they are a lot more "reality" than those others. I too wonder how some of these shows miss some obvious clues to "hidden" problems not found during the initial inspection. Same goes for some of these restaurant remodels. "this it ten years of grease on this vent hood", or, "this refrigerator hasn't been cleaned in years". How did this get by the county inspectors all these years? Or how they are able to get new signage and teach the cooks and servers a whole new menu in just a few hours. One has to wonder just why these are all called, "reality" shows.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 34 at the moment headed for cloudy, breezy, and 48. Winds could peak over 30 mph. The National Weather Service goofed on yesterday's forecast but it was in my favor for a change. Predicted high was the low 40s. Actual high yesterday was 52. I'll take it.

Productive day yesterday. Went to the gym in the morning and tried a new machine. So far suffering no ill effects from that. In the afternoon I got the laundry caught up and put the summer toys in the shed and got the winter toys out. Changed oil on the snow blower and fired it up. Still working great after 20 years. Today I'm headed to Jefferson for great-grandson's basketball game. Hour each way and an hour long game. I'll tape the Nebraska game and watch it when I get home.

Gas price down to $2.29.9 yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom

Greetings, gang.

Cloudy, 37, and intermittent rain showers are the weather descriptors this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 40s.

Fun time at the basketball game yesterday. Afterwards we all stopped at A&W for lunch. Surprisingly good food and of course the obligatory glass of root beer. Came home and watched Nebraska not completely embarrass themselves against Wisconsin. On tap for today is the F1 race from Brazil.

All stay safe.

Tom

Morning.  4 and real windy.  Wind chill in the lower 30's.  Staying in with this cold.  Not bad but a nuance.  Wifey is going to Church.  First one I've missed in a while.  Wifey has Church group coming to the house on Wed evening.  Didn't check my schedule.  Will not make two meeting Wed. afternoon and night.  Suppose to be almost retired so, so what.

This Old House is very educational.  Wish I had a shop like some of those PBS programs have.

Have a great week ahead.
Hello Blue
Some sun and 36 degrees now. The ground is still snow covered.
I have no breaking news, just checking in. I shall watch the lowly Detroit Lions till I fall asleep.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good afternoon, a bit late, but it's just a lazy day today. Tomorrow should be our last day in the 80's for a while. By mid-week, our high should be about what our lows were last week. Lots of rain all week in everyone's forecast, (except tomorrow, since we're going target shooting). We need it, we're about three inches short so far this year. That doesn't sound like much, but that puts us down by close to 50% of normal. We should be a bit over 6" by this time of the year and they're forecasting up to 2.5", so that might bring us closer to where we should be.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Mostly cloudy and 31 headed for mostly cloudy and 45. Absolutely spectacular sunrise this morning with the sky almost red.

Quiet day yesterday. Watched an entertaining F1 in the morning. In the afternoon I watched some old movies. This morning is a trip to Walmart and Fareway followed (hopefully) by a trip to the gym. This afternoon's activities are yet to be determined.

All stay safe.

Tom