The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Cloudy and 70s today. It rained overnight and that is the call for the weekend.
Belated birthday party for a grandson, could turn into an indoor event.
Yeah the wedding was on every local channel this morning as well as cable. More talk about Diane than the wedding couple.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Morning. Rain has stopped. 20% chance today but cloudy. Maybe some sun. Garden growing but so are the weeds. Can't seem to have one without the other.

Have a good one.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Greetings, gang.

Cold and gloomy in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Right now it's 51 headed for a high of 60 with chances for rain for the entire week. Overnight rain gave me a quarter inch.

Got the leaves and trash cleaned out from the fence line and got the yard mowed yesterday afternoon. Not much else accomplished yesterday. Only thing planned for today is to copy the hard drive to storage in preparation for the new computer due here tomorrow.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning all. Rain, I hear about rain but it's been so long since we've seen any here that I'm not sure what it looks like anymore. Thanks to being so dry and thanks to some really stupid people, they're fighting wildfires all over the state. There's been over 400 of them so far this year, and all but about six were started by humans. In total, there's been almost 70,000 acres burned by these fires and a good number of homes along with it.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Greetings, gang.

Another gloomy day underway in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. Right now it's 56 headed for a high of about 70. Warming trend starts tomorrow. Don - don't read this next part. We got another quarter inch of rain last night.

Quiet day yesterday. Got everything copied of to external storage in anticipation of today's activity. New computer arrives this afternoon so I'll have fun getting that set up. This morning I'll be heading to the gym.

Prayers for continuing recovery for Don and Reinhard and all others as needed.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning everyone, the start of a quiet week for us, not one appointment on the calendar. They finally took out the last of the tubes that they had put in me, which made a big difference in how I feel right now. It's not unlikely that your body fights these intrusions, no matter how important or needed they are. So yes, I am starting to heal and feel better, and I appreciate you concern and prayers, that also helps the healing process. I'm hoping that Reinhard's recovery is on a fast track as well.

Temps here are heading back to the triple-digits later this week. Typical for this time of the year. We'll stay indoors for a while, but the A/C is now kicking in on a regular basis.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Morning. 83 and sunny. Chance of T'storms later. County Commissioners and then Mayors' Assoc. in R'ville. Shrimp, flounder, bar-b-q and trimmings.

Hope all have a great week ahead.
Greetings, gang.

VERY foggy this morning. I can only see about a block away. 55 headed for a high of 80. Rain tonight and tomorrow morning.

Quiet day yesterday. New computer arrived early yesterday afternoon. Keyboard feels kind of cheap but I really like the mouse. It will probably take a few days to get the new one set up the way I like.

Gym this morning and a "Cooking for One" class this evening run by the local hospice.

All stay safe.

Tom

Cloudy and 70s today.
Fighting some mild medical issues but so tired of seeing doctors.
I feel  greatfull to function at a pretty normal pace for my age.
Too much rain has slowed the garden work but it will get there.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good morning all, "unseasonably nice day today" says the TV weather gal. Temps near 100, a bit windy, but pleasant. Lots of small fires around the state, it's dry enough that the Forest Service is going to shut down parts of the National Forests up around Flagstaff, just in time for the Memorial Day weekend. With good reason, too many of our wildfires here have been started by humans, typically happens every year, but it's exceptionally dry this year. A shame that those who pay attention and respect the fire warnings have to suffer for the stupidity of those who don't.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings gang.

Another quarter inch of rain last night, this time accompanied by a sound and light show. Right now it's 64 headed for a high in the mid 80s with only slight chances of rain through tomorrow.

Quiet day yesterday. More time spent fine tuning the new computer. Cooking for One class last night was fun. Put on by the dietician from the local medical center.

Nothing much planned for today other than a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

Morning. 82 and fair. Chance of T'storms this afternoon/evening. Off to Lowes to get two concrete benches for the Vet memorial. Busy busy.
Good afternoon, yup, taking today as a rest day. Still very short on energy. The last few weeks of medical issues really took it out. We're heading out for a late lunch right now, at least I'm getting my appetite back. Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Morning. Off to Raleigh for Human Services Board. Early meeting. 68 and fair. No rain they guess. Have a good one.
Good morning all. Everyone getting ready for a long holiday weekend? I remember when our boys were young, we'd be packing our station wagon right now to head up north to one of the campgrounds, usually along Oak Creek between Sedona and Flagstaff. This is the weekend that they officially open to campers, bit it's tinder dry up there right now and many of the forest areas are closed to hiking or camping. Just too much risk of someone saying, "fire restrictions don't apply to me", and then we have a massive wildfire to fight. There's been over 400 fires so far this season, the largest is fully contained but took out around 60,000 acres before it was contatined. One fire we had years ago was started on one end by a temp firefighter that thought he needed to be called to work, and on the other end by a woman that was lost and so she started a signal fire. That one took a long time to put out, they met in the middle and consumed around 500,000 acre so officials are proceeding with caution this year.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and