The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
(09-10-2020, 09:14 AM)Charlie B Wrote: Good Morning gang. 
It's a beautiful day here in southeast Ohio, Sunny and comfortable temps and humidity. 
Just got back from a non eye doctor appointment.  I had a 10 am appointment and the exams generally take 20 minutes. There were 4 folks ahead of me so I left.
With my prostate problems and no public rest room, well, you get my point, however even with out my problem that would have been an hour and 20 minute wait.  how do you get an hour and 20 minutes behind when you have only been open for an hour.
I can't believe the arrogance of these so called professional people, and I have decided I will not wait any longer than 5 minutes after a scheduled appointment anywhere.  I am starting to realize that those minutes are my minutes and it is my decision how to use them. 
Isn't that why we make them, so we don't have to sit is a waiting room.  
Heading out to do a little yard work them I may scan some more photos. 
Charlie
 Charlie, I don't blame you one bit, they never consider our minutes as important. If only we could charge them for our time past our appointment time. I remember years ago when the one doctor we used to see had a waiting time light, "the doctor is ___ minutes behind". I had the first appointment in the morning and it was turned on to "30 minutes". One time I was really sick and was told to come right in. I know I spent no less than four hours there. I also remember another doctor that I saw only once, I got called on time, only to learn that I would spent 30 minutes in a triage room before spending another 30 in the exam room. Needless to say, I never went back.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Quote: Charlie, I don't blame you one bit, they never consider our minutes as important. If only we could charge them for our time past our appointment time. I remember years ago when the one doctor we used to see had a waiting time light, "the doctor is ___ minutes behind". I had the first appointment in the morning and it was turned on to "30 minutes". One time I was really sick and was told to come right in. I know I spent no less than four hours there. I also remember another doctor that I saw only once, I got called on time, only to learn that I would spent 30 minutes in a triage room before spending another 30 in the exam room. Needless to say, I never went back.

Yes Don, that is another thing that was used by my former PCP. only wait in the waiting room for 5 or 10 minutes after appointment time then usher you into "His" little cubbyhole office and wait 30 minutes while he takes care of other patients in other cubby hole offices. 

I just switched to a new PCP and not only do I get right in, but they have a lab in the office, just like my vet, and I had a blood draw on the first visit (I wasn't prepared for that (no fasting)) but she said they could adjust, Then surprise, surprise, I didn't have to go back and pay for her to read the results, It was put on my record site which is on line and I can post my vitals daily if I care to. I feel I have hit the jackpot. My wife switched too and feels the same way.

We had a family doctor when our kids were small and he was very good as well as prompt. a 9:00 appointment meant you were in his exam room talking to him at 9:00. He was also a great surgeon and if he was called on an emergency his staff would call and let us know not to come to the office until they called and he was available. That only happened to us once but my daughter caused others to be delayed because she had to have glass removed from her hand and emergency surgery was required by him.

I think if we would all let them know we were not going to put up with it maybe things would change. 
Charlie
Chief: Is the main USA industry now elections? We've spent a summer month (or so) in the US for the last 20 years and there seems to be a perpetual election/campaign going on.
I've noticed that most of the signs I see don't have party affiliations on them. (This is the most political thing I'll say on Big Blue.)
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Good morning everyone, Friday already, still can't get over how fast the time goes whether you're having fun or not... Temps still below 100 today, and just a bit higher for as far as they want to guess, although AccuWeather does have forecasts out to the end of they year, that's not only guessing, but throwing darts as well.

Got just about everything on my new computer running now, I can Skype, Zoom, Zip and Zap (anyone remember Frick and Frack?).

Charlie, when we moved to Surprise we looked around for a new PCP. Tried a few that didn't listen very well until we found the one we have. We've been with him now for 16 years and sometimes we've had to wait a bit, but he always apologizes, "sorry to keep you waiting" and we know that he's spent just a few extra minutes with another patient. He's had a lab in his office for a while now, always a phone call with the results and also on your patient portal. I go to another doctor that has a lab as well, they take your sample, you sit and wait and you get the results within minutes. I was pleased until I got a bill with a "resting" charge. They tack on a $10 charge for sitting and waiting that the insurance company won't pay. I know the insurance companies are squeezing doctor's bottom lines, but to squeeze us in turn isn't fair either.

And yes Frank, I watched a string of around 10 political commercials where every one of them told us how bad their opponents were. I was hoping that this year would be different. Nope

Lest we forget, today is 9/11, a somber day in history.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Never Forget, gang

Another cool, gloomy day in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. 51 right now headed for near 60 by this afternoon. Chances for rain tonight and tomorrow then the warmup begins. Back to the 80s next week (probably for a limited run engagement).

Physical therapy got pretty physical yesterday. Kind of uncomfortable this morning. Another session at 11. Hoping to see some improvement over the weekend. Stopped by the pawn shop yesterday and found out that the police check their inventory daily against police repeorts so I don't keep checking there. If someone tries to pawn it I should get the bike back. Personally I don't hold out much hope of ever seeing it again.

Other than PT at 11 I don't have much on my agenda for today. A walk soon and maybe a bike ride this afternoon.

Contining prayers for the people affected by the fires on the west coast and for Don and Mrs.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning folks

It is 71 going up to 77. Pretty gloomy out there this morning. They say it is supposed to be partly cloudy.

Took the Maine coon to the vet yesterday to get his annual shave down. He does not like to groomed anyplace other than his back and in the past he has gone after groomers to the point no will touch him. They have to knock him out to groom him. Since he is 17, we are always concerned. He did fine and is a much happier kitty today.

Continued weathering reefers. The Chateau Martin express reefer that arrived the other day. It was fully assembled with Kadee couplers. It was a little light, so I added some weight. When I get more metal wheels I will change out the plastic ones.The MDC/Roundhouse Lehigh Valley reefer arrived yesterday. I spray painted the metal base black. I ran some trains yesterday. I tested an Atlas Reading S-1 and a Proto 2000 Chessie SW9/1200 from that were in the surprise box. Again I hate install the couplers on the Proto 2000’s.

I have to run to PetSmart to get the dog his prescription food. Unfortunately, the one nearest to us is out of the dry food in the size we use. This means I have to go to Delaware to get it. I need to check to see if Delaware is on Pennsylvania’s no-go list. I know it is on New Jersey’s.

I hope to continue weathering reefers and building the LV one.

I will never forget what happened this day. I t was one of the few days I was genuinely scared. I worked in a government building sitting on top of hill on the flight path to Philadelphia International. With all the rumors going around and lack of accurate news we did not know what was happening other than government buildings were being targeted. I decided to leave the office and go home. Just before I left the Governor closed our building. I will never forget the feeling of relief I felt walking in the door at home and seeing my family or the quiet that night as there were no planes flying overhead.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Home from produce box deliveries.  Rain on me for about 5 minutes.  Then blew away.  Super humid today.  Resting up now.  

Later.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 56 headed for still cloudy and 67 later today with a 60% chance of less than a tenth of an inch of rain. So I guess I have a 60% chance of nothing!

Physical therapy yesterday was definitely physical. Lots of pain for about a half hour followed by 15 minutes of uttrasound treatment. Walked for 3 miles in the morning but too wet to ride in the afternoon. I have ordered a fender for the bike so I can ride in this kind of weather but it won't be here until next week. I lubed the Proto 0-6-0 that is finally working properly and did a half hour break in run in each direction. Beautiful engine but can barely pull itself around the layout. Can barely manage 3 cars up the grade out of town. I have an Athearn Model 40 that is half the size and can easily hand 6 cars up the same grade.

This morning I'll head out to watch the first flag football for the great-grandsons. Double header so I'll be gone most of the morning. This afternoon will be laundry and a nice long walk.

All stay safe.

Tom

Hello Blue
Sun and 76 today, warmest it's been in a week.
We did grocery shopping this week and I got an at home haircut. Barbershops are open now but my wife's haircuts are just as good as the pros without the risk.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Rainy. Couldn't sleep past 7:30.  Zapped a breakfast burrito and fine cup of coffee.

Raining 30% all over the place. Yes, guesser said 30% chance of rain today. Maybe clear out later.

Not much on agenda. SisterIL and hubby coming for dinner. If not raining, grilling chickens and having potatoes and coleslaw.

Have a good one.
Good morning folks, kinda late for me, but it's Saturday and for some reason, I don't wake up as early as I do during the week. I've heard about internal alarm clocks, well, I'm a believer, I haven't had to use an alarm clock ever that I can recall. It's cool enough that I can go target shooting again. Still going to be in the low 100's, but after 54 days of 110 or higher, we'll take what we can get.

Running now 100% on the "new" computer. It is a year old, but probably four times as fast as my old one. I remember some of the first computers I had, 640K of memory, a 20 meg hard drive, two 1 meg floppy drives and a dial-up modem with a 9" green or amber CRT screen. Oh yeah, and the latest DOS OS. Updates, well, there just wasn't any, what you bought at the store is what you got. Things have changed radically, everything now is in gigabytes and hard drives in terabytes and you download everything you need and updates are constant and automatic. Oh yeah, programs that used to be a few meg or less are now many gigs to fill up the HD space just a quickly. Back then, there was no need for antivirus software, there was no phishing, no scamming, no ransomware or even ads wherever you chose to go. I remember when the first Windows came out and you could see pictures being painted on the screen at an astounding 300 baud rate. Now, they're there in the blink of an eye. I also remember paying around $2,000 for my first computer with a 286 processor, the one I just installed cost under $200 without a monitor, but with an i5 processor, 8 gig of memory and a one TB HD.

I could discuss the first computer I worked on though (Univac), it was the size of about three refrigerators, had a memory drum the size of a washing machine and cost around a half-million dollars with the computing power of today's hand-held calculator, that was back in 1960.

Enough walking down memory lane, but it's interesting to see how things have changed.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Very sunny and 72 outside my window this afternoon. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 7s with 80s tomorrow through Thursday. Then it turns cooler for the weekend.

Lots of fun at great-grandsons' football games. Also got to play with my youngest great-grandson. We had a great time on the slide and swings. Got the laundry caught up and took a nice walk. This morning I watched a very entertaining Formula 1 race followed my a 3 mile walk. I may go for a bike ride this afternoon.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good afternoon, pleasant day, still a bit over 100, but that's about normal for here. Still lots of controversy about what should open and how crowded it should get. Most of the bars around Arizona State and the U of A are violating the rules with packed houses. I've talked about Brenda's Kitchen, a very small place where seniors go to eat in a remote part of the area. Brenda decided there wasn't room for the regulars if she had to block off half of her 8 booths, 6 tables and small counter, so she didn't. It worked fine, all the regulars came, socialized, ate and left without a hitch. No one crowded anyone, you sat close to someone if that's what you wanted to do, by yourself if you didn't. Well, one stranger walked in a few days ago and was aghast at what they saw and promptly reported Brenda for violating the "social distancing order". She now has 4 booths, 3 table and places for 4 at the counter open, meanwhile, the huge corporate-owned bars near the universities and in some high-end areas are still packed with folks drinking and eating elbow to elbow.

Oh yeah, now that they can't find seats, some folks have to crowd near the door of Brenda's, waiting for a seat to open up, plus some folks are sitting at tables and booths with others when they'd normally sit alone. It just doesn't make sense to me, but I don't make the rules and I don't enforce them either. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Clear and 56 outside my window this morning headed for sunny and 80.

I did get in a bike ride yesterday afternoon. Otherwise not much accomplished. Today looks to be much the same.

All stay safe.

Tom

Morning.  Hot and humid.  Turning cooler for rest of the week.  Off to FIL's to nail up shiplap.  Another HGTV thingy with SisterIL and Wifey.  They found big mess the more they tare out.  Should leave well enough alone.  

Hope all have a good day.