The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks, just another hot and muggy day here in the southwest. We have here in Arizona what we call the, "Stupid motorist law". If you go around a barricade and get stuck in a flooded street, you can be fined for the cost of your rescue. The other night there was this guy near Tucson that went around a barricade. Unfortunately they were not able to rescue this guy. Here in Scottsdale, someone else went around several barricades and signs and had to be rescued. He got four tickets after they brought him to safety. He thought that he wasn't treated fairly since it was, in his words, "a simple mistake". Yup, what kind of mistake like that is simple? You ignore the warnings and you pay the price. Lots of streets and parks around here are built through what were desert washes and are specifically designed to keep the flood waters away from residential and business areas. Yes, they flood on purpose and they all have warnings up when they do.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 66. Supposed to get to the mid 80s today with a slight chance of rain tonight and tomorrow.

Quiet day yesterday and today is looking to be much the same.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Slept late. 87 degrees and 68% humidity.  WOW.  Goofing off today.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Hello Blue
Sun and 90 today.
Instead of flooded streets we have orange barrels everywhere. Construction year after year and we still have terrible roads.
No train news.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
(08-14-2018, 10:01 AM)sir james Wrote: Hello Blue
Sun and 90 today.
Instead of flooded streets we have orange barrels everywhere. Construction year after year and we still have terrible roads.
No train news.
S.J.
Yeah, I remember back when my wife and I worked in our business and we'd drive down a street with lots of sawhorse barricades, red cones and orange barrels and we'd comment that we got in the wrong business. We should have gotten into the manufacture or distribution of street barricades, much more lucrative than what we were doing.

Good morning all, more weather alerts strung across the TV picture and on cell phones, but again, the storms seemed to have bypassed our part of town. This is the year that the east side gets hammered and we get what's left. Come to think of it, that's about the norm, storms run out of steam by the time they reach us or don't make it here in the first place.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Morning. Slept until 8:30. Cooked red hots and fried eggs for Wifey and self. Time to clean kitchen and get ready for a day of Mayoring.

Hot and humid already. They SAY no rain today.

Have a good one.
Good morning, cool day yesterday, only got up to 97. According to the weather gal on TV, we had .20" of rain in Surprise the other night. The only trace of any storm that we saw was a few marks on our windshield. No puddles, no wet streets or no new trees down. I'll accept their word for it though. She also said that it's been one of the wettest monsoon seasons that we've seen in a long time. She gave a ranking to it, but old age hit me and I can't remember what it was. Some things they cover in the news they'll run over and over like an endless clip like you'll see once car hit another repeated, maybe up to fifteen times, or someone leaving court and they'll play that clip a half-dozen times while they talk. But something like the weather numbers, they go through them in milliseconds and not repeat them again. I see cases all the time where the weather gal is talking and the two anchors and maybe even the sports guy all chime in and comment about the weather, all at the same time and looking at each other instead of the camera. Hey, that's where we are folks..... Stooges8uq
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 67 at the moment with rain approaching. Of course it's dying out as it reaches the city limits so we probably won't get any, even with the 70% chance for today.

Quiet couple of days around here. I did dig out some volunteer trees around the yard. Took out about a dozen. Most were about a foot high or less but there was one hidden in the bushes that was over 10 feet tall and woven into the chain link fence. That one took a little more work.

Laundry and packing are about the only things on the agenda for today. Headed to Sioux Falls (and lady friend) for the weekend. Grandson has a hockey tournament.

All stay safe.

Tom

Hot and humid.  Mayor stuff.  Have a good one.
Greetings, gang.

65 and sunny headed of 80 and sunny.

Off to visit family and friends. participation may be lacking over the weekend.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good Friday morning all. Lots of green and red things running all over the TV lady's map, but I'm not sure any of it passed over us yesterday. Didn't hear thunder, didn't see lightning and there are no puddles outside. I don't look for wet pavement since when it's over 100 during the day, the sidewalks and streets usually are dry about 10 milliseconds after it stops raining. Puddles manage to stick around a while though.

Getting a bit frustrated watching all those negative political commercials, if you believed them, no one running should be allowed to take office. One day, I would hope, a few candidates will call a truce and run on their own merits, not on trying to make their opponents look worse than they are.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Busy day.  Had lunch with Sheriff.  He paid.   Eek   Actually I paid with donation to his campaign.   Icon_rolleyes   Off to Town Hall.
Good morning.  Hope all OK.  Hot and humid [really humid].  That is nothing new.  Errands today.  Had a video of Raleigh PD taking down a bad guy [big guy who attacked them].  Tazzed, pitoned and fought down.  Initial reported by biggie TV station, bad cops beating up on perp.  Now story had changed.  Initial reporting has big stir over bad cops.  Usually the story.  I have no use for news media anymore.

Hope all have a great day.
Hello Blue
Sun and 80s today. Very little rain but we need some.
Big doins near me today... The annual Woodward Dream Cruise. Hot rods, oldies, the works. People started arriving from out of town a week ago.
No train news this week well except a few new products arrived from MTH.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good morning all, we were at a Walmart yesterday, about three miles from home and it started to rain really hard. As we drove home, it got lighter and lighter. By the time we got to our subdivision there were a few sprinkles and it was bone dry by a block later. The story of our life, we kind of live in a bubble, wherever we live, it seems to rain all around us but misses our house.

I know what you're talking about Frank. Glad they got the bad guy without harming themselves. We have a similar problem here as well.... I was going to go into more detail, but let's just say that the police need more backing from the media, the public and more city officials when things like this happen.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and