The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and light flurries in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's 18 and it may get a couple of degrees warmer. Breezy with winds up to 25 mph.

Funeral service over for daughter's mother-in-law. Back home and not moving for the rest of the day. Gas down 20 $2.16.9 around here.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning, a bit early, even for me, but I just woke up way earlier than I wanted to. Crazy Temps are still average, highs in the 70's, lows in the 40's, but that's gunna change. Rain is coming starting Thursday for about five days (my weather app says 90% chance on Thursday). Low temps dip into the 30's for a few days. Sounds a little like back east weather.

Oh yeah, we've had a gas price drop here as well, at least according to the news lady. She says that the average price for regual dropped three cents last week. That's news to me. A few weeks ago, the price of gas plummeted by four cents down to $2.859 and has remained steady. I could drive to Costco and pay $2.559, but it's around 12 miles away and I'd eat up the savings just driving there and back. Still, we're a lot better than the folks in California paying over $3.50 in some areas....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Greetings, gang.

Sunny and cold this morning. Right now it's 9 headed for a high of 25. Gradual warming trend to the mid 40s by Friday.

A few errands to run this morning and if that goes well I'm headed for Des Moines tomorrow.

Frank - hope your rabbit hunters are ok.

All stay safe.

Tom

Morning.  Cold 45 with wind chill.  Headed east for a half day hunt.  Real cold and low wind chill.  Not staying and hunting.  Not well yet.  Had another fever chills thing last night.  Better today with CVS brand Tylenol.   

DAZ, got buddy on rifle forum who shoots rimfires at a desert range out of Yuma.

Have a good one.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Morning all, Fresh pot Brewing for this chilly morning! Well feel I got hood winked. Agent called me Saturday, what would it take to get you out of the house, have a easy load 80 miles from you, going only 389 miles paying $2500.00. Ok I'm a whore (just not a cheap one) never looked at the snow paths. what a ride it was!
Glad to be back home. Cold today and then suppose to be in the 60's till Monday again.
Everyone keep warm and enjoy this insane weather.
Greetings, gagng.

23 with light flurries this morning. High for today about 30.

Quiet day yesterday. This morning I'm headed to Des Moines for some furniture shopping. Need a new reading chair. Ordered a new surround sound and if I paid and extra $15 they would ship it to arrive by the end of the week. I declined that offer and took the free shipping with a delivery date of next week. Just got an e-mail this morning saying it will be delivered tomorrow.

Frank - happy hunting.

All stay safe.

Tom

Morning.  Cooked breakfast while Wifey decorated den tree.  COLD and horrible wind chill.  Why I didn't stay and hunt.  Fred and Andy did and saw a few does.  I have had fever and chills off and on.  Didn't want to get sicker.  Strange.  No congestion.  ????  I saw lots of deer but none I wanted to shoot.  Got a lot of young bucks. 

[Image: enhance]

Hanging around house today.
Frank, beautiful tree, a lot of work but worth it. Ours is still standing with just the built-in lights, no decorations yet. Oh, Yuma is a bit far for us to go target shooting, but if they close any more areas close by, we may have to resort to going there.

Last day for highs in the 70's, rain in the forecast for tomorrow and a few days beyond. How many days and what the chances are for rain depends on who is doing the forecasting.... Icon_rolleyes
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 20 with a predicted high of 36. Weather for the weekend is looking nasty for Friday night through Sunday morning - rain, freezing rain, sleet, and snow. Temperatures right around freezing. I wish it was either warmer or colder. Snow is easy to deal with. Rain takes care of itself. Ice is a pain to deal with.

Had a good day yesterday. Got the signatures I need to get rid of some stocks my wife owned. Found a new reading chair (delivery is set for next Wed.). Met a nice lady for lunch. Today I need to get some groceries and some ice melt (see forecast above). Also going to try to make it to the gym. New surround sound due to be delivered today. This evening is my Thursday night group.

Chief - nice looking tree.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning all, a bit chilly out by our standards, rain forecast sometime late this evening. Love to watch the rain, but it's suppose to be over by the time it gets light out tomorrow. Second storm due a day or so after this one, so we might see four or five days with rain in them. Both storms coming in from the west so they shouldn't skip our area. The ones from the south in the summer frequently do skip us here on the west side.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Hello Blue.
High of 31 today. I don't remember the last time we saw the sun.
The Christmas tree is up for my wife. She enjoys it. But it took a long time to get her to give up the old tree that was put together branch by branch. This one is 3 sections with lights, each folds closed and then back in the box. I love it.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Greetings, gang.

Very foggy again this morning. Right now it's 30 headed for a cloudy 38 later this afternoon. The weather goes downhill after that. I'm in a winter storm watch with rain, freezing rain, sleet, snow, and high winds between tonight and Sunday morning.

Quiet day yesterday. Got some laundry done. New surround sound showed up just before I left for my weekly group. Hooked it up when I got home and all is right with the world again.

On tap for today is a trip to the gym and the gas station. I need gas for the snow blower.

All stay safe.

Tom

Morning.  Busy day yesterday.  Rested at home last night after the meetings.

Warmer today [like spring] with off and on sun and showers.

Took 97 Chevy pickup to have steering box changed out.  We kept tightening but would get sloppy after a month or so.  That should have her in excellent shape.  

Errands today.

Have a good one.
Good morning all. Well, for once they got it right, they forecast rain during the night and by golly, it rained during the night. They kept moving the target, but sometime between when we went to bed and when we got up, it rained a lot. The clouds are clearing up, but there's more rain coming from a second storm tomorrow...I think.... Temps are a bit down, but it doesn't feel no where as cold as it did the other day with the wind. TV broadcasters are all heading up north to play in the snow and get paid to do it....

Just got back from the doctor, doing a lot better, just need time to recover and get my energy back. Thanks again for all your concerns and prayers.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Hello Blue
Cold but no snow. 40 for Saturday but with rain.
I can't adjust to the cold yet, thinkin I might go out west to see Don and annoy him as a snow bird...lol
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)