The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Morning.  Rainy.  Having a break in that.  Garden and grass growing.  Got a League of Municipalities dinner tonight in Raleigh.  That is it for today.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Good late afternoon. Temps already hit 103 and should be higher by the weekend. Dry and not a drop of rain in sight.

Still taking it easy, we old folk don't take to healing at a fast a pace as we used to. Best to stay inside with the A/C  anyway.Cool
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
76 degrees.  Cloudy but no rain.

Got meeting with developer and a possible contact for financing. Then stop by Town Hall as my buddy the Interim Town Manager is leaving today. Staff luncheon. Rush south to pickup Grandson from babysitter. Go to his house and babysit. Be there when Granddaughters get there. Fun afternoon.
Good morning, slowly warming up here, should reach 107 this weekend. June is just a few days away, and for some reason, that's the month that we've hit some really high records, up to 122 one year, and several days in the 120/121. I'm hoping that we are spared that this year. Still getting some wildfires, but they've been on them quickly and kept them to just a few acres. No lightning in the areas, so humans are once again responsible.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Hello Blue
A weekend in the 90s is suppose to drop a little after the storms from the south reach here late today. RANT coming up so be forewarned.
Michigan roads have got to be among the worst in the nation so big surprise on the news this morning that a quirk in the law could stop all road construction/repairs tomorrow. And these elected people get paid for doing nothing..wonderful.
Gas has topped the $3.00 mark and they won't do anything about that either because the higher the price the more sales tax they collect. OK I'm done now.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
(05-30-2018, 08:28 AM)sir james Wrote: Hello Blue
A weekend in the 90s is suppose to drop a little after the storms from the south reach here late today. RANT coming up so be forewarned.
Michigan roads have got to be among the worst in the nation so big surprise on the news this morning that a quirk in the law could stop all road construction/repairs tomorrow. And these elected people get paid for doing nothing..wonderful.
Gas has topped the $3.00 mark and they won't do anything about that either because the higher the price the more sales tax they collect. OK I'm done now.
S.J.

DAZ, hit reply and it does quote.  Tried three times on different posts.  Hasn't been doing this.

Cloudy and may rain this afternoon.  Not much on agenda today.  Tomorrow busy.  NC mountains are getting it bad.

Have a good one.
(05-31-2018, 07:20 AM)Chief Eagles Wrote:
(05-30-2018, 08:28 AM)sir james Wrote: Hello Blue
S.J.

DAZ, hit reply and it does quote.  Tried three times on different posts.  Hasn't been doing this.

Cloudy and may rain this afternoon.  Not much on agenda today.  Tomorrow busy.  NC mountains are getting it bad.

Have a good one.

Not sure what you're saying Frank. I just hit "reply" and got a quote, just like it should. If you don't want a quote, hit, "New reply" blow the last post. If you want multiple quotes from different posts, hit, "quote" on each post you want to quote.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Gonna try this and hope it works.

Greetings, gang.

Sunny, hot and humid in Houston. 93 with 50% humidity. Back home it's much cooler. Only 91 with 32% humidity.

Graduation for granddaughter is tomorrow. Party on Sunday. Drive home Monday and Tuesday.

Been having issue getting in to the forum so I don't know if this will post but here goes.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
(06-01-2018, 02:15 PM)FiatFan Wrote: Gonna try this and hope it works.

Greetings, gang.

Sunny, hot and humid in Houston.  93 with 50% humidity.  Back home it's much cooler.  Only 91 with 32% humidity.

Graduation for granddaughter is tomorrow.  Party on Sunday.  Drive home Monday and Tuesday.

Been having issue getting in to the forum so I don't know if this will post but here goes.

All stay safe.

Tom

Tom, it got posted, I hope you've ironed out your issues. Let me know....

The past few days have been cool, not too much over 100, but we'll be pushing 110 by Sunday/Monday, and over 110 by the end of next week. Welcome June 2285_ Blaster Oh, a slight chance of rain come a week from Sunday, that's the first I've seen in the forecast in a couple of months. I can't remember when the "monsoon" season starts, but I think we're all looking forward to seeing it. I don't think we've had a glass full of rain all year.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Don - still struggling. The way I did this post was to read the forum while logged out. Then log in on this page. I am able to post but when I hit submit I just get a "busy" signal. If I then close the page and reopen the post appears. I'm stumped.

Tom

Ok. just now when I hit post it appeared immediately. Still very definitely stumped.

Tom

I got it.  Didn't see new reply.  Works similar to Rimfire Central.  Just a different sign for quotes and multiple quotes.

Busy day.  Was HOT.  Ended with grass mowed.  Off to Edgecombe Co. tomorrow. 

Later.
(06-01-2018, 06:34 PM)Chief Eagles Wrote: I got it.  Didn't see new reply.  Works similar to Rimfire Central.  Just a different sign for quotes and multiple quotes.

Busy day.  Was HOT.  Ended with grass mowed.  Off to Edgecombe Co. tomorrow. 

Later.

Good, there are a lot of differences between our old phpBB forum and this one, myBB, but many are for the better. Lots more options and features. I'm still looking around and testing new things.

Looks like we're in the triple-digits for a while now, we're looking at our first 110 in the next few days. Simply hot, but I've always said, once you get over 110, it's hard to tell the difference. Hot is hot, can't touch to car if it's been parked outside too long (about 15 minutes), inside the vehicle is so hot you have to leave the doors open for a while and you learn to drive by barely touching the steering wheel until it cools down. And yes, you can get a serious burn touching a piece of chrome.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 76 in the greater Houston area this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the mid 90s with a chance for thunderstorms this afternoon.

Graduation went well yesterday. 930 in her class. Ceremony over in less than two hours. Took that much time getting there and back again. Traffic was heavy. Congestion also caused by the graduations before and after. LOTS of traffic.

Party today. Headed home tomorrow. Got to go. Household starting to stir.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning all. Tom, we lived in Houston for a year back in the 70's, and two things I remember from there. #1, there was always a 20% chance of rain, and frequently, it was already raining out at the time. #2, there was always a lot of traffic. When I first got there, I wondered why I saw people reading books, shaving, eating and putting on makeup as we crawled inch by inch. Then I realized it was typical of the going to or coming back from work traffic. I remember stopping for a traffic light that was so far away that I couldn't see what color it was on. Moving back to the Phoenix area was a blessing, but now, traffic here resembles what I saw in Houston back then..... Rolleyes 

Temps are getting up there, not sure if we reached 110 yesterday, but we were close if we didn't.

Have a great day today y'all (I learned that from my year living in Houston)... Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and